Monitors Which 24 inch monitor to go for?

Hi,

As most of you know already, I have used my Viewsonic 19 inch monitor for more than 3.5 years now, so thought of shifting towards a bigger screen with full HD resolution. The requirements are as following:

1) Mostly games
2) Internet browsing
3) Occasional movies as I watch most of my movies on my Samsung LA40C550.

Budget is, say, ummm.... 15-20k.

I shortlisted some:

1) Dell SP2409
2) Dell U2311H
3) Benq 2420 HD
4) Asus 24 incher(Forgot the model number)

I was almost going to get U2311H but the response time of it is 8 ms. Will it be good for games? I mean I have read that response time should be less for better gaming experience. That is why I am asking can I go for it?

Also, is it worth to get 3D monitors? I know I have to extend by budget to quite an extent but I will do that only if it is worth it.

Awaiting your quick responses guys. I will get it most probably next weekend. So any suggestions are welcome.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Guyz no suggestions yet? I expect a lot of help from you. PLease suggest asap.

Despite the 8 ms response, nothing within 15k competes with Dell U2311 AFAIK. The only way would be to spend more and go for a 27/30" and a 27" IPS panel will cost upwards of 40k

^

I dont have more than 20k budget. I will only extend if I go fro 3D but still 40k is wayyy too high. Do you got any idea will the 8 ms response time be too much of a problem for games?

^

Ok then I finalize on Dell U2311H. Any other inputs guyz or any other suggestions that I should take into account before buying?

Also, is investing 23k worth it for 3D gaming?

simforgotten said:
^

Ok then I finalize on Dell U2311H. Any other inputs guyz or any other suggestions that I should take into account before buying?

Also, is investing 23k worth it for 3D gaming?
Man I bet you'll be satisfied with the one that I suggested for gaming.But am not forcing you.Just take your time and read reviews by yourself and go for the best one.

The Samsung PX2370 stunningly looks far better than the ugly Benq.And if 3ms (in real testing) and no 120Hz doesn't matter you go for the samsung.But remeber there's a bit of Backlight bleed due to it's slim design and dark spectrum is not so good too.SO, if you like aesthetics, go for Samsung and if you like sterioscopic gaming performance go for the benq,it fills all the voids that samsung has.The Dell U2311 is also good but I would reccomend Benq XL2410T.Just take your time.

Samsung P2350 Rs.10800
ASUS VH236H Rs. 9071
Acer H235H Rs.8,600
Dell ST2210 Rs.8457
I think these are 2ms and full hd and good for gaming.
Check these things, BTW they are not 3D.
Also they are 22' and 23' you may find 24' variants of them with little googling(if you want only 24') .:)

@ Ameet

Ya the samsung one has stunning looks so I thought if I can go for it. The Benq one costs 24k and its quite high. I am yet to decide if I should go for 3D right away investing so much or should I wait another 2+ years because I am surely not going to buy a new monitor in coming 2-3 years. I think I should go through some reviews.

@sasikanth

I want 24 incher only. As I wont buy anything in next 2-3 years, I need something decent enough.

@sujith

Dude any model number of the Asus monitor you had a look of? Also, what is the cost + the cost of 3D glasses?

@all

Dell has got 3 years warranty and the after sales service is awesome. Do Samsung, Asus, Benq have the same warranty period? Also, how is the after sales service for these brands?

currently 3D is in an ongoing process of development.It's evolving as more and more people are coming towards it.Basically a nVIDIA 3D vision kit will cost you around 8K.which might stretch your budget to over 30k,with the monitor that I suggested.Frankly speaking you don't need a 3D as of now if you have a very tight budget.But the 3D gaming experience is completely awesome.

Warranty is just a marketing gimmick,you won't even need more than 1 year of it.I don't know why but am too attracted towards the Samsung PX2370.It looks so good at that price point,man if I were you I would have definitely bought that despite of the fact that it's not a gaming monitor.But as it looks like you want gaming too and no 3D, I would say DEll U2311H is a great option over samsung.

Someone had posted a link to this PX2370 user review in another thread : http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1525694

At the end, the user recommended the U2311 as better value.

The 8ms isn't as bad as it sounds. I haven't noticed ghosting on IPS panels, although I don't game too much.

With larger panels I find viewing angles becomes a bigger issue, and thats something TN panels just can't handle.

But if you're pretty sure you need the absolute lowest response times, you would need to get a TN.

No idea about 3D monitors.

^

I know U2311H has greater value but still I am getting carried away by the stunning PX2370.

:(

@Ameet

I can get a 3D monitor. I will get 3D vision kit after say 2 months. I will use the monitor as 2D for some time. But I am just asking is it worth the extra penny?

Also, why are you saying 1 year warranty in enuff? Dint get ur point there.

:)

^

3D technology just improves the knowledge of depth in a way, in games like racing or soccer you can feel the distance of objects far more better,that would lead to a better gameplay IMO.But it depends on you, after a few hours of playing you might also get irritated with the glasses or you might have a headache.Some like em and some not.

3D gaming is really affordable nowadays which wasn't before.But basically 3D is still in conceptual stages.So, if you want to you can taste it.But besides that if you get the Benq you won't regret that anyway cuz it's still an amazing gaming monitor with 2ms and 120 Hz features.And last but not the least you might require to upgrade your GPU,to match the 3D performance.

^

I have the GTX 260 right now. I hope it can last for 5-6 months, then I would upgrade, what say? Also, I dont play racing/soccer games too much, mostly FPS, how would be the experience for it?

for Full Hd I doubt.Just put this query on the Graphics Cards section.I can't guarantee but just get conformed from other people too.

You can still buy it and in future you can upgrade your GFX card.

IMO now a days FPS games are also including vehicles and other stuffs.And in fact 3D shooting would feel better than 2D.

Back