Monitors Which 24 inch monitor to go for?

So, whats your decision.Hmm I guess samsung PX2370?Don't worry dude,if you are not a hardcore gamer it's more than enough for you.

^

I cant decide yet. At a certain time, I think of getting U2311H only but other time I think I should get Samsung as it has got decent specs as well as stunnning looks.

:(

At some time, I am also thinking of getting a 3D monitor as I wont be getting a new one in next 2-3 years and 3D will be mainstream by then.

I am totally confused.

:( :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I think I will go for PX2370 only. I got a deal for 10.6k including tax. What you say guyz? I think it is an awsome deal.

:)

^

Have you gone through the whole thread?

I created the thread to decide a monitor, its not to compare IPS with TN panels. I have not seen any IPS before, we do not have any such facilities here at Kolkata. Most shops do not stock Dell monitors.

Also, most of the people buy TN panels, I do not think TNs are so bad that none should buy a TN panel.
And I posted this thread to sort out whether I really need to go for an IPS panel to play games or a TN panel with lesser response time will be more suited for me.

IPS panels are far more superior to TNs in case of picture quality, but I do not have the budget to afford a high end IPS panel monitor. I can only afford Dell U2311H and that is also not locally available. I read some reviews also, U2311H has also got some issues.

In my thread, I also asked about 3D gaming. I also had some other monitors to concern. How can you directly conclude like that?

simforgotten said:
^

Have you gone through the whole thread?

I created the thread to decide a monitor, its not to compare IPS with TN panels. I have not seen any IPS before, we do not have any such facilities here at Kolkata. Most shops do not stock Dell monitors.

Also, most of the people buy TN panels, I do not think TNs are so bad that none should buy a TN panel.

And I posted this thread to sort out whether I really need to go for an IPS panel to play games or a TN panel with lesser response time will be more suited for me.

IPS panels are far more superior to TNs in case of picture quality, but I do not have the budget to afford a high end IPS panel monitor. I can only afford Dell U2311H and that is also not locally available. I read some reviews also, U2311H has also got some issues.

In my thread, I also asked about 3D gaming. I also had some other monitors to concern. How can you directly conclude like that?

LOL.. He is not saying that this thread is unnecessary, he is saying that you wouldn't have such a dilemma if you have had one look at an IPS Panel based Display. Even I agree with that. TN Panel displays had never measured up to the quality of a CRT display. It was one look at an IPS Panel based display (Apple 20" Cinema Display) that prompted me to move to an LCD. I had seen numerous TN Panel displays prior to that and they had always discouraged me from ever buying an LCD. If it were for TN Panel displays, I would probably be using a CRT display even now. Even though TN Panels have come a long way now, I guess IPS Panels are in such a different league that seeing them side by side would make people wonder if the TN Panel display is defective in some manner.

Buy benq 3d monitor its made for gamers its awesome both 2d & 3d i have used it, or else buy 2420hd for 10k best monitor for get about looks wen u play u will be looking @ screen you wont even bother bout other stuffs.. Benq 2420hd has decent design I have 2420hd image quality is exceptional...

@Lordnemesis

I understand what you are saying. But Dell is lot available locally and I am sceptical about shipping of bulky products. May be some online deals in future will change my mind.

BTW,

Guyz, the dealer made a mess of the quote for PX2370, today morning I asked again to confirm the price and he quoted 15.8k + tax. Now thats really really costly. I wonder how he quoted 10.6k all inclusive yesterday night.

Now, I am again in dilemma. But I knew the price quoted yesterday was too good to be true.

^ If you would have bought yesterday imagine 5000 bugs saving.But thats not possible,sometimes these dealers misspell prices and when they make the bill they see that the price isn't true.

Nothing to worry about,it's worth of that price though.But I guess you can get it for a cheaper price.Try bargaining him,it should come down to at least 15.4K ,or check other retailers.

^

And your point is?

@Ameet

1 member here bought the PX2370 from same shop 2 months back for 15k + tax. The prices seem to have increased. I am still searching for better deals.

Also, I am trying to find the Dell U2311H locally. Dunno when my search will end.

A TN panel more expensive than an IPS panel :lol:

IMHO its not worth it.

Doubt you will find it locally.. practically none of the dealers stock slower moving models like the U2311h. You might as well order it direct from Dell. You just need to check that your package is delivered intact and sign off.

^

Thanks a lot pal. You have already helped me a lot.

@Crazy_Eddy

Everywhere, the price of U2311H is less tha PX2370. There must be some reason for it, I dunno exactly.

simforgotten said:
Everywhere, the price of U2311H is less tha PX2370. There must be some reason for it, I dunno exactly.

Yep, because the U2311h is priced that much. In fact prices have crept up a bit over the last few months from 13.5k to ~14.5k.

The PX2370 is expensive because of the LED backlighting.

^

Hmm, actually Dell was giving some sales during last month, thats why prices went down by a fair margin. I am still trying to get U2311H locally, but its not avilable anywhere, keep aside good pricing.

Back