Monitors Which 27" monitor for media and gaming?

ankurshah

Disciple
Which one do i go for between these 2?

or

Mainly for media consumption (Tv shows movies) and some gaming too

or

From what I know full hd for 27inch is not exactly recommended.
Atleast go for 2k for 27inch.

Hope others can give better answer.

From what I know full hd for 27inch is not exactly recommended.
Atleast go for 2k for 27inch.

Hope others can give better answer.
we can still use full HD with 27' and it won't look bad. I've previously used BenQ monitor for almost 7yrs before upgrading to 4k but you are right to get atleast 2k as we are nearing 2024. Gone are the days of full HD, 4k is main stream now.

27" Full HD is fine if you're not going to be working with text much. This is perfectly fine for gaming and media use. Also good if you prefer sitting a bit far from the monitor

or

Latter will be better.

27" at 1080p is not recommended in general but not everyone is bothered by it.

27" Full HD is fine if you're not going to be working with text much. This is perfectly fine for gaming and media use. Also good if you prefer sitting a bit far from the monitor
I am browsing a lot too like twitter and other forums so I think i will look for 2k option only then really.

Like others here, I would also recommend going with a QHD display, we are right at the cusp of tech innovation, the market and economy is slow and companies are forced to innovate. We might see 10xx series-level innovation in the next few years. 1440p is right in the middle and that's were gaming will shift in next decade.

Just FYI: "Pixel Density of 1080p at 24 inches == Pixel Density of 1440p at 32 inches" so 27" is the sweet spot for 1440p cuz 32" will not change your perception.

24" for 1440p doesn't make sense, just get 1080p and save money or spend some more and get a 27" one.

24" is the sweet spot for 1080p; having said that 27" for 1080 is ok (or ok'ish) as long as you haven't looked (or are looking) at a 24" inch 1080p display cuz then it starts to look weird. So as long as you are not running a dual monitor setup with both 24" and 27" 1080p displays, you should be fine.

If you just want a basic qhd monitor

If you already have a functioning monitor and can't spend 15-20k on a new monitor, just wait. 1440p monitors are gonna fall in price by the end of the financial year anyway

Prices are gonna adjust cuz "economics" and you might get a good deal when companies are trying to get rid of old inventory.

Last edited:
I am searching for 27 inch monitor as well to buy in December, have following suggestions soo far.

LG UltraGear 27GR75Q
Gigabyte G27Q
Lenovo G27q-30
Acer XV272U v3

Among these:
LG UltraGear 27GR75Q
Gigabyte G27Q

Are first preferred

I am searching for 27 inch monitor as well to buy in December, have following suggestions soo far.

LG UltraGear 27GR75Q
Gigabyte G27Q
Lenovo G27q-30
Acer XV272U v3

Among these:
LG UltraGear 27GR75Q
Gigabyte G27Q

Are first preferred
why not LG 27gn800 or 27gn850?

Which one did you go for finally?
Wondering how would a ASUS ProART monitor compare to the LG UltraGear 27GR75Q one

Asus ProArt Display PA278QV Professional Monitor

So you bought this one or the LG one. As i am looking for same and thinking of getting gigabyte G27Q
Not yet, I have to goto physical store (croma or vijay sales) in Mumbai to check few parameters first.

Parameters suggested from a techy friend on this forum:
Size: 27in vs 24 inch
Resolution: QHD aka 2K (2560x1440p)
Panel: IPS or VA
Refresh Rate: 144-165hz
Response Time: Less then 5ms
Color: sRGB 95%+ OR aRGB & DCI-P3 85%+
Compare IPS & VA Panels
Stand: Height, Tilt, Pivot & Swivel
Check stands, especially like LG monitor.

Last edited:
Back