Which 3G enabled Power bank to buy ?

Hey Mates,

Help me in deciding on a power bank, it should have 3G facility. Budget ~2.2k Few questions -

1. I have bought Nexus 7 Wifi version, how exactly can i use internet using this Power bank ?
2. I have a tata photon (2G), can i connect it to the power bank and use
3. If i have to use 3G, then what is the workaround (do i need to buy extra 3G dongle ?)

Have checked few links -

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Wireless-3G-...203&hash=item3f2ac80bc0&_uhb=1#ht_2799wt_1163

http://www.ebay.in/itm/30000Mah-SUP...ies&hash=item19e2ac4ca0&_uhb=1#ht_8103wt_1163

If this 30,000 is genuine, will buy 2 power banks -

1. 20,000/30,000 MAH
2. Small power bank with 3G

Please help with deals. i can buy from USA also if able to get good deal..

Thanks

i have checked the seller's rating. Almost everyone is satisfied...sounds fishy but that's how it is..
Ratings are for shipping and delivery, not the actual product. In any case, the 30k mah claim is bogus as Raksrules said. Max it might give you is 3-5k mah, and that's golden if it's true.
Nevertheless, you can try and let us all know. :p

@coolcatric

The reason you want a combo of powerbank and 3G is because a standalone 3G wifi hotspot will drain battery a lot and hence for longer usage without recharging it or connecting it to wall socket, you can use it ?

@coolcatric

The reason you want a combo of powerbank and 3G is because a standalone 3G wifi hotspot will drain battery a lot and hence for longer usage without recharging it or connecting it to wall socket, you can use it ?

Yes, that is one reason. Other is that i want internet on the move & my tablet is wifi only. Thinking of using my tata photon with Power bank to get internet on move.

Yes, that is one reason. Other is that i want internet on the move & my tablet is wifi only. Thinking of using my tata photon with Power bank to get internet on move.

Since internet on the move if important for you, i would suggest you to just get a 3G nexus after selling this and just put a SIM card and you are good to go. Yes you cannot use your Tata Photon i think (there may be a way, i do not know) but that is a far better and elegant solution than having all messy MiFi and battery pack and all.

Since internet on the move if important for you, i would suggest you to just get a 3G nexus after selling this and just put a SIM card and you are good to go. Yes you cannot use your Tata Photon i think (there may be a way, i do not know) but that is a far better and elegant solution than having all messy MiFi and battery pack and all.

I just bought this Nexus 7 tablet. It is second generation, so the 4G version was way to expensive. Thus i decided to go with Mifi option.

What are my options now if i stick to nexus 7 - 2013 ?

looks good, but its expensive man...5.1k for 2000 mah[DOUBLEPOST=1382295174][/DOUBLEPOST]So guys, please suggest which one should i buy ??
Errrm.. Ok. I think I still don't understand what you actually want !
1) A portable power backup pack which can charge your phone/tablet -- and can give you 3G access as well OR
2) A portable 3G to Wifi router with decent battery backup (i.e. backup only for running the said 3G to Wifi router for 5-6 hours on battery).
If it's 2, then I would again recommend going for the 3G to Wifi modem I linked above. Provides excellent battery backup (~6 hours) even though the battery is only 2000mah. Also has the option to switch off wifi and 3G connections if no data has been transmitted for set amount of time, which results in battery saving.
Do remember a good 2000mah battery will perform much better than the sandbag chinese ones which you can get for 1-2k.

Errrm.. Ok. I think I still don't understand what you actually want !
1) A portable power backup pack which can charge your phone/tablet -- and can give you 3G access as well OR
2) A portable 3G to Wifi router with decent battery backup (i.e. backup only for running the said 3G to Wifi router for 5-6 hours on battery).
If it's 2, then I would again recommend going for the 3G to Wifi modem I linked above. Provides excellent battery backup (~6 hours) even though the battery is only 2000mah. Also has the option to switch off wifi and 3G connections if no data has been transmitted for set amount of time, which results in battery saving.
Do remember a good 2000mah battery will perform much better than the sandbag chinese ones which you can get for 1-2k.

Here's what i want -

To have internet access on my Nexus 7(2) Wifi version, while i am on the move.

Now, here's my query -

1. I currently have a Tata Photon data card, is there any way in which i can use it ?
2. What is the other alternate, buy a 3Gsim & buy a 3G data card & put in a 3G enabled power bank??
3. A power bank is add on, who does not need extra power with such equipment !
[DOUBLEPOST=1382371274][/DOUBLEPOST]So, what i am looking for will be mix of above, i.e. something which provides power to charge tablet & also converts 2G/3G to Wifi.

Last edited:
you seem to be able to source some cheap products, not sure how many users you are expecting to respond to your product questionnaires.

Back