Video Which 40" Sony LCD TV?

hA1d3R

Adept
I read the LCD buying thread and decided the Sony for 3yr warranty and premium panel guarantee . I was confused between LCD vs LED between Samsung and Sony earlier . I didnt find any quality difference so i am not going with LED .

There are four 40" LCD models in Sony : CX520 ( X-Reality,Internet),NX520(Monolithic) ,CX420 and BX420 . There is a difference of 1-2K between CX420 and BX420 . The only difference i can find in catalogue between these two models is the presence of ambient light sensor in CX420 . Is there any other difference and worth the money?

the cx420 as of now too has panel lottery.

only the cx520 has a guaranteed spva panel.

the x - reality does not support various formats like mkv through usb playback so the another cost of a HD media player too has to be accounted for.

Go for 42" EX 410 which is going to cost you 40k from grey market. It has an IPS panel and is probably the cheapest LED you can find.

is there any way to know the panel on sony ?

cant go for grey market stuff . i am buying sony just because of the 3yr warranty pack .

Well, that is your personal choice but the difference between grey market price and showroom price for SONY TVs are generally in excess of 20k. And its not like its a different TV, all you are doing by getting it from grey is saving on the custom duty. Now what you have to decide is whether a 3 yrs warranty is worth spending an extra 20k.

i realise that but i am buying the TV for my family . If there was a grey market in Lucknow i would have tried convincing my dad . i would have bought a different tv if everything was under my hands.

Try ebay then with those dealer warranty thing.
As for the warranty adder bhai had already mentioned as long as you use a voltage stabiliser with your lcd the probability of it going bad is far less.
So get a ups/stabiliser depending upon your power conditions in your area.
Get a CX /EX 520 couple that with a decent HD media player with the precautions and should be Good to go.

hA1d3R said:
is there any way to know the panel on sony ?

cant go for grey market stuff . i am buying sony just because of the 3yr warranty pack .

Sony tvs only use one panel per series and size,i checked it myself the EX410 has a LG IPS Panel,the black levels are obviously poor even in day time,it does have a better viewing angle.In the grey market it is the cheapest edge LED tv.

Back