Storage Solutions Which 500gb hard drive to buy?

teracore

Disciple
Which 500gb hard drive to buy?

No WB 500GB green edition plz, mine got failed in just 5 months, sent to WD service center for RMA 5 weeks ago, still I haven't got the new drive.
BTW Are hitachi hdds any good?

excalibur said:
If Hitachi's desktop HDDs are so good, why 99% people use WD or Seagate only?
Lack of awareness coupled with lack of availability. This does not imply that i am rooting for the Hitachi, i would suggest the Seagate 7200.12. This is a no brainer, as OP doesnt want WD, Seagate is the only option.

vivacious_tg said:
due to lack of availability. If you know pls let us know if they are available in Mumbai/Delhi
arjpillai said:
Lack of awareness coupled with lack of availability. This does not imply that i am rooting for the Hitachi, i would suggest the Seagate 7200.12. This is a no brainer, as OP doesnt want WD, Seagate is the only option.
Yep, you guys are right. Availability is always an issue.

I've Hitachi's laptop drive which is now many years old, but still running solid. So guess what their desktop should be good well. :)

@Teracore, Congo on the purchase :D
waiting for the UltraSharp pics now :p
excalibur said:
If Hitachi's desktop HDDs are so good, why 99% people use WD or Seagate only?
Hitachi HDD's are used by HP, DELL in all their products, laptop/desktop...

never had any problem with my 5year old 80GB Hitachi till date, thats why I bought a 500GB Hitachi as an upgrade.

Install it, shut the cabinet, forget it :p

I was thinking of getting WD, but then read the RMA threads here & decided to stick with reliable Hitachi :D

Seagate was never in the list, been reading bad reviews/RMA craps all over the net.

Back