Monitors Which 8-bit TN panel 22" widescreen LCDs are available in India?

I recently bought the Viewsonic VX2235wm-5 and while I'm mostly happy with it, there are time when watching movies that a gradation in a particular color shows up with clear bands.

I found out that this is actually a 6-bit TN panel with FRC (temporal dithering) to make up the numbers required to do 16.7 million colors. So now I'm seriously contemplating selling this monitor if I can find a great 8-bit TN panel for a reasonable price (the Viewsonic cost me 12100 ten days back).

So please suggest good options.

WickedTA said:
I recently bought the Viewsonic VX2235wm-5 and while I'm mostly happy with it, there are time when watching movies that a gradation in a particular color shows up with clear bands.

I found out that this is actually a 6-bit TN panel with FRC (temporal dithering) to make up the numbers required to do 16.7 million colors. So now I'm seriously contemplating selling this monitor if I can find a great 8-bit TN panel for a reasonable price (the Viewsonic cost me 12100 ten days back).

So please suggest good options.

when you find one... please tell us. Because as far as I know there very few 22" monitors that do not use 6-bit TN panel. And even if you manage to find some from HP's range of monitors for professionals, they will cost you above 25K.

So does this mean that most people on here who have the typical ~15000 rupee 22" LCD puts up with this banding or gets accustomed to it or are not even aware of it?

WickedTA said:
So does this mean that most people on here who have the typical ~15000 rupee 22" LCD puts up with this banding or gets accustomed to it or are not even aware of it?

Well, honestly speaking people don't really notice.

Also it is possible that in your case there is something wrong with monitor or you are looking for excellence color fidelity in a TN panel and have an eye that can differentiate even the subtlest of anomaly.

The truth is that there are no true 8-bit TN panel monitors. All good TN panels use 6-bit+FRC (or some other mumbo-jumbo). There are a few 22" monitors like this from Lenovo that has 8-bit panel but they use S-PVA or something else and not TN.

But they are also quite costly and for home/general office use does not really justify the premium. Not to forget, they are not as responsive as TN-panel monitors.

Back