CPU/Mobo Which 890 NB motherboard to buy?

unixguru

Disciple
I need to buy a motherboard with SATA III this weekend. The motherboard is going to be paired with a 555 BE and radeon 5850. I will try unlocking and plan to overclock and may upgrade to a six core in the future. Primary usage is gaming and OpenGL/OpenCL programming. I had narrowed down on MSI 890GX-g65 based on readers feedback, but I just saw today in the showoff thread that the g65 and the g80 has some mosfet blowing up issues. My budget is 8000. My priority is stability and reliabilty and good after sales service.

These are the 3 best mobos for Overcloking n all.....

(1) GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 - Price - 11,500,

(2) ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 - Price - 10,700,

(3) Asus Crosshair IV Formula - Price - 16,500. Awesome Motherboard...... :)

the msi 890gxm-g65 and the 890fxa-gd70 are good mobos and the mosfets issues and blowing up issues only occur when overclocking at 3.8ghz plus ,so if ure not into any overclocking its ok..and the overheating used to occur when overclocking 6 cores to 4ghz and above..

labrodor100 said:
the msi 890gxm-g65 and the 890fxa-gd70 are good mobos and the mosfets issues and blowing up issues only occur when overclocking at 3.8ghz plus ,so if ure not into any overclocking its ok..and the overheating used to occur when overclocking 6 cores to 4ghz and above..
I have got the 890gxm-g65. There are actually not a huge number of people facing blownup mosfets. Anyway I managed to unlock the 555 be and ran stress test at 3.65 ghz, seems to be fine. Lets hope nothing goese wrong.

Biostar 890GX or one of the Gigabyte 880GM mobos. Do not buy MSI 890GXM-G65 if you plan any overclocking. There are reports of the mosfets frying even with mild OC to 3.5Ghz without increasing VCore.

Back