Which AC to buy ?? Help

I am from Pune. My room size is approx. 14*12*10 with one NE facing window and max 2-4 people in it (1 TV & 1 tubelight). Please help me in choosing the right a.c.

I plan to use it about 8 hrs daily (approx 1200 hrs/year). If the a.c. uses very less electricity, I don't mind using it longer. My budget is < 40k and i plan to keep it 6-7 yrs atleast).

Which type of a.c. suits my requirement – inverter or non inverter 5 star ?
Since I want to keep the a.c for long, won’t it be better if I chose inverter technology ?

As per my room size I guess a non inv model should be at least 1.2 T. Therefore, buying a 1.5T a.c should be a waste of money. Now, for inv a.c. would 1T be enough for me ? I am not sure how to calculate this for inverter a.c. Price difference between 1T & 1.5T is big.

I had earlier looked into some cheap non inv ac like Voltas 1.2 Ton 5 Star 155 CY Split Air Conditioner (26K) &

Kenstar KSM55.WN1 Split AC (1.5 Ton, 5 Star Rating, White – 26k with 2.5 gift card) or

Kenstar KSM35.WN1 Split AC (1 Ton, 5 Star Rating, White – 22k with 2.5k gift card).

Please suggest what type a.c is best for my requirements & suggest some models.
Also can you plz give an idea how much jump in electricity bills/month will i notice?

If you've calculated your requirement to be 1.2T and you're looking at an inverter, then you should not undersize it to 1T. An Inverter AC can run above its rated capacity with a big drop in efficiency, so its not a good idea to undersize. You will have to look at a 1.5T inverter AC.

I guess 1.5T inverter should be ideal.
Donot buy Hitachi. Am facing serious service problems. I have 3 of them bought a couple of years back. Right now no AC in my bedroom.
Its been 2 weeks & it's still lying in the service center.

Daikin FTKP50PRV16 1.5 TON INVERTER AC
Fitted a week ago, superb AC, would cost around 50k including installation, Flipkart has it cheaper though. AC 40k @ Flipkart.. Installation extra, don't go for cheaper products.

Other option is Carrier Superio inverter ACs around 45k including installation @Chroma

thanks for your responses. As per reviews from various forums I see that Sharp inverters have very good feedback.
Also 1.1T ac seems to be adequate for my room. Sharp has many models in 1.1T range. Its AH XP13LV model has some great reviews, but its an old model now.
Will 1.1T be enough for me? I checked on some expert blogs and as per my location and room area, 1.1T seems to be ok as inverter AC have flexible tonnage.
Also I do not want to invest a lot if its not really needed and 1.1T would use less electricity than 1.5T.

and 1.1T would use less electricity than 1.5T.
How is that?

Whether you use a 1T or 10T A/C, your room's 'heat load' will be the same i.e. both A/Cs will only have to match their cooling capacity.
Since you're talking about Sharp, I drew up an excel sheet comparing the 1.1T (XP13) and 1.5T (XP18) models at the 1.1T AC's rated cooling capacity of 3.67KW (p.s. 3.67KW isn't 1.1 ton, but 1.04 ton). As you can see, the 1.1T does NOT use less electricity. Please feel free to run your own calculations.
TolyaeY.jpg

1.1T seems to be ok as inverter AC have flexible tonnage.
Yes it is flexible in both directions, however I repeat - it is a bad idea to undersize an inverter AC, because an inverter AC drastically loses efficiency at above rated loads.
How bad is it? - the Sharp AH-XP13 at max cooling capacity of 4.2KW (equivalent to 1.19 ton) consumes 1.44KW, which translates to a horrible COP of 2.91. At the same 4.2KW cooling capacity, the 1.5 ton AH-XP18 uses only 1.04kw (a COP of 4.05).

If you're severely restricted by budget and want to undersize, then you're better off getting a regular AC.

*P.s.: The ratings for the 1.5T AH-XP18 are approximated by assuming the min-max COP is linear.

is Sharp 1.5 Ton Inverter AH-X18PET Split Air Conditioner a good ac to have. its listed at good price 37k, on snapdeal.
Doesn't have plasmacluster ion technology.

Back