CPU/Mobo Which AMD Processor ?

preet27

Disciple
So I have a problem, I have a 2 year old Phenom II X2 555 proccy, which has been unlocked to a 4 core proccy (X4 B55). I also have a motherboard which is Biostar's 970 FX motherboard, with AM3+ support. I am doing a lot of encoding & capturing of videos via this PC and although it handles the processes well enough, it does get a little bit on the laggy side at times. So I have decided to upgrade my proccy.

Which one of the AMD's proccy is most suitable for my needs of running multiple high processing applications ?

Budget is not a criteria, but it should be VFM, I don't want to spend extra 4 to 5K on a proccy which only provides a minor upgrade over the cheaper option WRT to my needs. I don't game on my PC so it is only for smooth processing needs.
I do have 3rd party cooler as well, so I am also game for little bit of OC'ing as well, provided it keeps the system stable.

I also don't want to cheap out on a better option just because it a couple of thousand costlier, so striking the right balance between price & functionality is the key, as such no budget limit !!

Stick with the processor you have now coz there won't be a drastic change with a processor upgrade to current generation athlons from an unlocked x2. Maybe invest in an ssd as suggested above.

Back