Which antivirus?

Avast anyday. I am using avast since past 1.5 year and it is the best antivirus I have ever used in past 10 years. It is stable, it has good detection rate, it gives no false warnings like avira does. Although it is a lil bit slow but I can live with that. KAV and NOD32 are good too but my choice is Avast.

Actually,Symantec Norton Antivirus 2009 Has the best detection rate according to PC World,and rarely misses.It's not slow either,nowadays.Comes with a 3 PC License.Might want to take a look there,despite general apprehension about Norton products.

the best anti-virus is -

common sense + comodo firewall,
and if u'r really in need of an anti-virus then i'll recommend NOD 32:)

I have used most of the AVs mentioned with good results. I used Avast for very long on a system where I needed a free AV. After reading reports on AV comparatives, I started using Avira as my primary AV freeware tool.

I have also used NOD32 on another system and now use NIS2009 instead. I have also used KAV. I think when it comes down to protecting your system, self-discipline is the key. Far more important than which AV you use.

If you need to take risks, then I suggest you use a virtual environment like Mojopac or virtual sandbox. If you have enough hardware resources then even VMware workstation.

Do all your risky stuff within this VM.

Common sense is all you need to prevent viruses from wreaking havoc. Yuo shouldn't go looking for trouble (if you know what I mean ;) )

But even so, I found NOD32 v2.7 to be the lightest, fastest and most valuable AV ever, especially since I do game often, so lots of free RAM is important, and on its own, NOD32 v2.7 is pretty light yet, it's always rock solid :)

Back