Car & Bike Which bike under 75K?

So my brother is looking to get a more comfortable bike. He has been using a 2007 Pulsar 150, but the problem is that the bike is aging fast and it has already done some 1,80,000kms. He's not getting any younger so another pulsar is out since he dislikes the suspension set-up of a Pulsar.

His daily commute is about 120kms of which 20 kms is extreme rural roads (almost). I've suggested 4 of these bikes:

http://www.bikewale.com/comparebike...hine/?bike1=146&bike2=783&bike3=518&bike4=113

With Suzuki G150R being the front runner as it has 6 speed gear box for 100kms highway run-up and then it is still a solid bike with a good mileage. However, he's not sure whether he'll get proper service support in Bhopal and I've also heard news about Suzuki discontinuing this bike for something new.

Ideally, he would like to buy something in the range of 60K. Passion Pro being the front runner there along with the new Honda Livo.

I'll leave the rest to you guys. Just keep these things in mind.

1. Comfortable ride.
2. 55+ average (80% riding will be highway so I think all above bikes can easily achieve that.)
3. Don't suggest another pulsar or anything above 75K.

TIA.

if comfortable ride is your main concern , go for FZS. I have it from last 5 years, I have rode many bikes and comparing to any other bike, FZS is the most comfortable bike ever.

Suzuki G150R is good choice, can't go wrong with it . very comfortable.

I know. But he's apprehensive about the after sales service in Bhopal. The 6th gear will come in so handy on the highway drive.

if comfortable ride is your main concern , go for FZS. I have it from last 5 years, I have rode many bikes and comparing to any other bike, FZS is the most comfortable bike ever.

Too expensive (about 90K) and won't deliver a good average as well.

I know. But he's apprehensive about the after sales service in Bhopal. The 6th gear will come in so handy on the highway drive.

Too expensive (about 90K) and won't deliver a good average as well.

Average is 35 yes, sorry abt that but the cost afaik is 76 something. including the paperwork. not sure if it's expensive in your state though.

Average is 35 yes, sorry abt that but the cost afaik is 76 something. including the paperwork. not sure if it's expensive in your state though.

It retails around 88k in Bhopal.

If he commute 120km daily tell hime avoide bike . after ten years he will thank you for the advice

He has been commuting long distance for the last 22 years, but worry not, he keeps switching between bike, car and jeep when he feels the stress. Hence looking for a high-mileage bike :p

Problems starts to appear after 40 like disc compression and back pain which won't go off .

I know man. However, his work requires no sitting around like most of us, in front of computers all day long. But he's a guy who takes care of his health. Morning walks. Weekly gym routine. Home-cooked food, etc. :)

So no worries about his health. Right now gotta help him get a good bike. He has also shortlisted Yamaha SZ 2.0 as well. So guess it's Suzuki G150R Vs. Yamaha SZ 2.0 for now.

Get a used Avenger... Its comfortable for long distances but average might be more in the 40s. Service wont be an issue. I am assuming he isn't 6 feet tall else the Avenger is out for him!

Back