CPU/Mobo Which board for amd 939 ?

Well here are your options -

1] Asus A8V Deluxe [ VIA K8T800 Pro]
This board is a good board for casula overclocking,rock solid @ stock speeds.Good value for money and is cheap.Costs around 8-8.5k
You can ask Bottle more about it as he owns one.

2] MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum [Nforce 3 Ultra]
This is a very good board though a bit on the expensive side.It is very famous for being an excellent overclocker.
It costs around 9-10k.

3]Asus A8N-E [Nforce 4 Ultra]
I know you want an AGP based solution but could not resist from recommending.This is a very new board and not yet in the market but expect it to hit the Indian streets in 1st week of April.Should cost around 8-9k.
Overclocking potential should definately be better than A8V Deluxe.Worth thinking about.

I hope this helps you ;)

not available and after 1 April,VAT will be applicable and prices will increase.
I also didnt want to invest in K8N Diamond as i already have A8N SLI and it doesnt make sense when i have one SLI based board.

Darklord said:
thats the ONLY reason [Extreme Overclocking] why i have ordered mine.

:muahaha:

wow thats sounds good. If you dont mind me asking how much is it?
happy64.gif

You could also opted for Nforce 4 U board?
Edit

Price will increase after Apl1? My dealer tells me that priced will come down

darklord are you building another system or what?
What are you gona do with your 2X 6800GTs if you are going for this board?

Darky, congrats on deciding to build a new pc, just one question though, whatever happened to that newyear resolution of urs? ;)

Darklord said:
Well here are your options -
3]Asus A8N-E [Nforce 4 Ultra]
I know you want an AGP based solution but could not resist from recommending.This is a very new board and not yet in the market but expect it to hit the Indian streets in 1st week of April.Should cost around 8-9k.
Overclocking potential should definately be better than A8V Deluxe.Worth thinking about.

I hope this helps you ;)

Well, been pinging Rashi on that board for the past few weeks - but they disavow any knowledge of that board. But Delta might get it early next month I believe. And, seriously, why do you think it will OC better - is it because you have some info that it is Rev. 2 ?

darklord are you building another system or what?
What are you gona do with your 2X 6800GTs if you are going for this board?
Well as i dont got much time these days due to office work,i have sold both those cards to a good friend of mine.
I am not too interested in grafix cards but am crazy when it comes to boards & CPU.
So now i am on a 6600 256 MB.This should suffice me if i get the urge to do some fragging.

After selling the cards,i will buy this new board+CPU and keep the remaining money with me for future upgrades.

SO here is what i will be using-

1] Main Machine -

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Asus A8N SLI Deluxe
1 GB DDR400
80GB Hitachi PATA
200 GB Cuda PATA
XFX Geforce 6600 256 MB
Benq DW1610
Powersafe 450 Watt PSU

2] Experimentation/OC Rig :p

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum
512 MB Mushkin CL2 Performance Ram [To be Bot from a friend :D ]
40 GB Samsung PATA
Sapphire ATI Radeon 9000Pro 64 MB AGP8X
Ibox 350 Watt PSU

3] Secondary Rig -
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ [ ClawHammer]
Asus K8N-E-Deluxe
512 MB DDR400
80 GB Cuda PATA
300 Watt Powersafe PSU
Liteon 52327s
LG CDROM
XFX Geforce MX 4000
;)

These are gonna be my setups. ;)
Well, been pinging Rashi on that board for the past few weeks - but they disavow any knowledge of that board. But Delta might get it early next month I believe. And, seriously, why do you think it will OC better - is it because you have some info that it is Rev. 2 ?

Well i have no such information but i cna say that from simple logic.That board has fewer onboard devices,it doesnt have SLI,this means the chipset is less stressed.SO it should OC a bit well compared to A8N SLI board.Just what i feel ;)

Darky, congrats on deciding to build a new pc, just one question though, whatever happened to that newyear resolution of urs?

What are you talking about Rave ? i am not getting you. :hap5:

Back