Which brand provides the best smart Wi-Fi switches for my new house?

TreeOfPain

Recruit
I am building a new house and am currently searching for good smart switches that I can control using Amazon Alexa. I have looked at Legrand, GM and Anchor switches. I am looking for feedback and long-term use reviews. I just want simple switches to turn my devices on and off, scheduling devices and controlling fan speed and light brightness. Power consumption monitor is not needed but will be good to have.

Hey,

Congrats on your new house, have you looked at offerings from Wipro?

This is if you are only concerned about controlling the switches via Alexa or Google Assistant and your phone. But If you want to go the DIY route then you can invest in the Sonoff ecosystem, you can use them as is, just like Wipro above, or you can install Tasmota firmware on these devices and then add them to Home Assistant.

I use Sonoff Mini's R2 throughout my house, I have about 20 installed throughout my house, and I've been using them for over 2 years now. no issues with them whatsoever, as long as you provide them with a good wifi range, you should be fine. they are fairly well documented so any issues you face might already be faced by someone and you'd have a solution to it.

I would avoid those, considering that you'd have to replace the whole unit and cannot change just one switch if it goes bad, but if you want an all-in-one solution then GM should be your preferred brand. they have been at it the longest, their switches are high quality.

Atleast for the mesh routers you do. for other devices yeah your fine as long as you have some network cables in the rooms you'll utilize as your own, cause "WIRED is always better"

Back