Which Brands to Consider For Split AC

krishnandu

Skilled
Hi, I'm looking to buy a 1Ton 3 Star Split AC for my home.

I checked out local electronics shops here, but can't make up my mind which brand to go for?

I have heard people saying to avoid LG and Samsung in case of AC's. So how is Bluestar, Daikin, Hitachi, Voltas, Whirlpool etc?

My dad is looking forward for Voltas, but somewhere in the internet I read it has records of numerous breakdowns.

Which brand would you guys suggest according to your experience?

stay away from lg,samsung, whirlpool, i just got daikin and ive been really happy so far, super quiet, super cool.
daikin / mitsubishi, and o general, buy any one of these, def recommended :)

stay away from lg,samsung, whirlpool, i just got daikin and ive been really happy so far, super quiet, super cool.
daikin / mitsubishi, and o general, buy any one of these, def recommended :)
Can you suggest me 1.5Ton AC (5 Star rating). Room is around 150 Sq. feet (West facing). My budget is 45K around. I don't want to go for inverter AC this time.

Last edited:
ive personally owned samsung, and trust me i have not faced such horror with any electronics in my life. .. both brands r known for poor quality and reliability issues. i put three of them in house, and all 3 gave problems within the first yr itself , everything from gas to the radiator grill leaks to remotes conking off .. to switch assemblies going.. trust me ive faced it all with samsung.

ive personally owned samsung, and trust me i have not faced such horror with any electronics in my life. .. both brands r known for poor quality and reliability issues. i put three of them in house, and all 3 gave problems within the first yr itself , everything from gas to the radiator grill leaks to remotes conking off .. to switch assemblies going.. trust me ive faced it all with samsung.

Yup. The switch assembly on my Samsung Split also conked off after 1 year.
I don't think it actually conked off but that's the reason they gave for the fan not working in Auto mode. Due to that Ice used to start forming. After changing that, the problem returned in a few months. Since then I haven't used Auto mode as Cool mode works equally well. Yet to face any other issues during my 3 year heavy usage. I live in the North so I am thinking reliability issues might crop up more in coastal areas.

Back