CPU/Mobo Which C2D M/Bs support FSB:MEM ratios?

imoen

Adept
Hi! I currently have a E4300 processor and 1GB Transcend 533 memory.

Decided on this proccy because I want to overclock! I'm looking for a motherboard that supports the changing of FSB:RAM speed ratios. I think it's also called a memory divider. So, looking forward to run the FSB and RAM at 300MHz which would give a 2.7GHz overclock. I would be content with that.

Can anyone suggest a board that can do this? Was thinking of either the ASUS P5B, MSI P965 Neo, Gigabyte DS3, or... is there anything I missed out?

A P965 Neo would suit your needs very well and would be the most value for money solution. If you want to splurge a little wee bit more, get the P5B. No looking back from it.

Regards,

Karan

^^ Thanks for the advice. Though the P965 Neo is very scarce in Pune. This is surely my first choice. Maybe will have to make a trip to Mumbai and pick it up.

get the P5B, the world has seen some of the best OC results with this board...also using a memory divider with a C2D is not advisable

Well , for the E4300 i'll definitely prefer the Gigabyte 965P DS3P anyday over the P5B ... simply because , with the E4300 , u'll not be able to do 1:1 on the P5B (since the E4300 has lower FSB) ... anyway .. i'd strongly suggest u to get the DS3P ..

Back