I wish to upgrade my cabinet which one suits me,
my config is :
4x 250 GB HDDS
2XDVD ROMS
ASUS MOTHERBOARD M2N - MX
exreem power duo 600 coolermaster powersupply

THANKS in advance

shanu

Why does one spend so much on a cabinet when u get stuff ro around 1.5 k also with an smps?? Just asking out of curiousity. Have to buy a new pc soon. So trying to understand the importance of the cabinet and why one would spend so much on it.

The SMPS is one of THE most important part of the package! If your SMPS does not churn out adequate power, there is a high chance that your components would die gradually.

The cabinet is important as it should provide adequate ventilation for your rig to run smoothly without overheating (which is not good for anything inside that cabinet).

Wait for the seniors to pour in their technical feedback now.

amitmk said:
Why does one spend so much on a cabinet when u get stuff ro around 1.5 k also with an smps?? Just asking out of curiousity. Have to buy a new pc soon. So trying to understand the importance of the cabinet and why one would spend so much on it.

Dude cabinet is like a safe where u r keeping ur hard earned( or less hard earned;)) money.

If u hav good cabby it will provide better cable management and thus provides better airflow so ur parts inside cabby remains cool. A good cabby designed for better airflow and cable management.

amitmk said:

Importance of Cabinet

1. Proper ventilation for components.
2. Ease of access to components inside and installation.
3. Room for expansion.
4. Safety of costly computer components.
5. Bling factor (only for some, not for me)

Importance of Power Supply

1. Safe and Clean power for components.
2. Adequate power for components.
3. Reliability of operation while doing either of the above two points.
4. Efficiency of operation (Power utilization vs wastage)
5. Expansion room for future.

Most of all, choosing a good PSU and Cabinet is a first step in building a Stable PC and ensures peace of mind for you.

If you think 5k is a huge budget for either of these two important, but typically neglected components, then wait till you hear that I spent 26k on these two components alone. :bleh:

Back