Camera Which camera to buy Fujifilm S1500 or Canon SX120 IS?

Wraith

Skilled
Please help me decide between the Fujifilm S1500 and the Canon SX120 IS!!!

Purely going by the looks the Fujifilm is a clear winner :D
But I need to decide which is the better camera, want to buy in the next couple of days.

I am planning to get a Panasonic FZ35/38k ($309 - Approx 18.9k from KMD). It has got some rave reviews over the net. Head over to cameralabs.com for a video review on most of these cameras.

Canon PowerShot SX20 IS vs Panasonic FZ35/8.

Although :

While the Panasonic has the edge on continuous shooting and AF speed though, it’s far from an action camera if you’re into capturing quick sequences. If that’s your thing, then seriously consider Sony’s Cyber-shot DSC-HX1 or Canon’s PowerShot SX1 IS instead.

If you read the last 3 paragraphs, i get a feeling that the FZ35/38 wins by a small margin.
Sorry but i have never seen the Fujifilm one that you are talking about. Wait till others pitch in.
;)

Although the overall specs. seem better on Fuji's S1500, the SX120 IS produces better images, which unfortunately is its only strong point.

If you put features & operational performance over image quality(esp. when the ISO drops), the S1500 wins hands down.

I m totally in favour of Canon SX120 IS...

Fujifilm dont have a appealing market currently...

However if U increase the budget Panasonic FZ28 will be a great purchase....

I would suggest the FZ35 as well, else if u want a compact size why not look at the ZS3?

Ps Anish where is the FZ35 for 309$? Cheapest price i saw was approx 325

@ hunt3r.. PhotoLoon

Its coming to 18.8k through KMD which is really a great price + it includes a free tripod and a case ;)

Although i have changed my mind and ordered the Canon SX20 IS which is roughly 20.5k + it includes a free tripod, a case and a lens cleaning kit.

@ Wraith : sorry for the confusion :ashamed:

canon sx120 is better overall.
it has got best camera award in digits oct edition also.
besides support for fuji may be concern.

Finally got the Fujifilm S1500... here are some sample images

I am pretty satisfied so far, seems like a good upgrade from Canon A590

Back