Camera Which camera to buy ?????

Hi all im going next month on 21st to singapore and i am planning to get camera from there. just confused what should i get . My budget is 20k and i have seen few cam like p100 , fz35 , d3000 n all . I really dont wantto buy SLR but semi slr will do ..I had SX120 before but somehow i was not happy with it so i sold it off and decided to get cam from singapore as it will be lot cheaper over there . So kindly advice what should i buy ...

may i ask, what u were not happy with, regarding the sx120 :)

a dslr, is a commitment, you will have to carry that biggy thing around.

if you want a compact that performs decent, you can go for a canon s90

no yaar dont want those compact ones.. i really dont like the quality.. and when u go out it doesnt takes quality photos.. carrying biggy cam no issues i have. i want quality stuff....

nikon d3000 will be the best bet...if u increase ur budget a bit ....otherwise go for fz35 one of the best option avail for non-dslr

FZ35 ftw,

BTW I recently got Fuji S2500 HD, latest (launched in Mar-10, I guess) semi-SLR, super zoom, camera from fuji.

Specs are same as FZ35, but LEICA is believed to be a better option then Fuji lens.

One of my friend is having P100, all he is complaining about image stabilization while full or 50% more zooming. rest of the things are pretty awesome.

Oh ,and that S2500 HD which I have is another "FTW" model btw,

But HD recording I guess is not that much impressive (personal opinion)

However price will blow you away, I got it for 14K only, with all accs and 2 years fuji warranty.

1) FinePix S2500HD / S2600HD | Fujifilm Global

if you think a prosumer cam is much better than a P & S, you are quite wrong. none of those will give you what a APS-C sensor offers.

Overall conclusion

There's been something of a 'serious compact camera' renaissance in the last couple of years, led by Panasonic with the LX series and Canon with the G9/10/11. That said, the choices for the enthusiast wanting full photographic control in a pocketable package are still very limited (even the LX3 is big for a compact), meaning the S90 was given a warm welcome when first announced last fall.

On paper it's a compelling package, with comprehensive photographic features, a fast, useful zoom and as much in the way of external control as you could possibly fit onto such a small body. For the SLR user wanting something that offered the 'carry anywhere' convenience - but not the compromise - of an ultra compact DSC the S90 promises to be the perfect second camera.

And for the most part it delivers on that promise; the image quality is surprisingly good, the user interface well thought out and the design truly pocket-friendly. The handling takes some getting used to, which I guess is inevitable given how much Canon has tried to cram into a camera the size of an Ixus/Elph. But once you're familiar with the controls and the various operational foibles it offers a surprisingly fast and fluid shooting experience for the enthusiast photographer with a desire for total photographic control.

Canon PowerShot S90 Review: 19. Conclusion: Digital Photography Review

i still suggest something like this, or a D3000 if you are ready to carry it around.

anks22402 said:
slr too expp dont want to spend so much !!!!

Say what? :rofl:

Like you seem to spend so low on the other gadgetry! Get real please! Buy a good cam first off - if you carry an SLR buy it. Are you a lady? I'd agree if I hear that from ladies but of all people why can't you carry a DSLR inside a good bag?

This is the best opportunity to get one, needless to say. Hit Sim Lim/Funan and do a bit of window shopping. Try a hands-on the camera you're investing - if pappu like his D5000 :p , Payne might prefer his Sony Alpha - perspectives differ from person to person. Esp. when it comes to the grip and handling apart from the usual parameters such as the ISO performance, lens support etc.

Set a budget, get the usual feedback from the forums, hit lensworth.in/dpreview.com for reviews and other info on the SLRs and BUY ONE!

^^.. Actually we cant suggest the person a DSLR, who dont want to spend much on photography...

Coz in case of DSLR, things dont end with buying a camera.. you then need to spend money on lenses. then on more lenses... Accessories are equally needy...

moreover, time is also needed to spend with the eager to learn...

DSLR aren't for all...

_pappu_ said:
if you think a prosumer cam is much better than a P & S, you are quite wrong. none of those will give you what a APS-C sensor offers.
Canon PowerShot S90 Review: 19. Conclusion: Digital Photography Review
i still suggest something like this, or a D3000 if you are ready to carry it around.

If tele zoom is not the higher preference, I second Pappu..
S90 will be the best choice for ever....

Back