Which Card Reader To Buy For Cheap And Vfm ?

anfjavid

Skilled
Guys, my apacer card reader isnt working with new memory cards. So i have to go for a good CR which is future proof as well. Enquired about transcend and i learnt its expensive and the techcom or technotek products are sold for as cheap as 150 bucks. Once i used techcom 36 in 1 card reader and since i bought apacer i gave it to my friend. I was satisfied with its performance though it is cheap. Should i go for the same cheap one or is it worth to get the transcend which retails for around 500 ? .

I hope transcend carries 1 yr warranty.....

Thanx in advance....

Go for the red bridge ones which can be found at nehru palace/lamington road/where you get you computer components from. Cost 99 max (usually 60) and work with all cards.

Mate get the cheapest one, even if it goes bad, you can get another one. I am using a cheapo chinese one, its serving me faithfully till now
<

The Cheapo Chinese ones get fried really fast. Go for the Transcend/Sony Multi-Card Reader if you want it to last for long. Its really frustrating when you're card reader doesnt work when most required, and your left hunting for another one or you've gotta transfer stuff using your second computer (latptop with in-built card reader).

I personally use a Zebronics which came for Rs. 230 which works perfectly, doesnt have that cheap feeling too, has a nice built quality.

I'm using tech-com card reader and ever since i bought it in yr 2006 for 150 bucks, it is serving me faithfully and till now its body casing has broken from one sides and its usb connector has rusted but as its still functioning perfectly who bothers to get a new one!!

The best part of it i like the most is that it shows all the 4 drives even if we insert just one mmc card in either drives. This feature isnt available afaik in card readers available today.

I use a SIYOTEAM chinese one which has only SD and microSD support. Its been almost a year and half and still running strong...

Best part... cost me only 30 bucks then, now its 40
<

I had the Chinese cheap ones fail one too many times when I needed it the most.... So I bought a Transcend card reader with full warranty and bill for 500... Has been working without any issue for the past 2 years... Reliable and good...

^^ I got the Transcend one ~450/- a few months back and I'm happy with its performance and build quality, although I dislike the piano finish [scratches galore].

Overall a good buy, but the Tech-com and Zebronics ones ~200/- aren't to shabby either.

Hope this helps.

Seems i have to go for the transcend one as i want a reader which can handle SDHC cards. So far i was thinking that all CRs can handle SDHCs but i am wrong. Will go with the transcend. Any other inputs ??

^ I guess all Care reader supports SDHC type. Usually it is mentioned in the cover of the product. Do check it before buying.

As a matter of fact, my chinese one supports it
<

^ No mate. Checked with a techcom CR and it denies SDHC cards. Even my apacer refuses to read these, but they are falsely advertised to handle SDHC cards. I think those cards which are greater than 2GB are HC cards and most of the el-cheapo ones seldom recognize these.

Bought a transcend P8 card reader and it is flawless. Recently i read that a user has reported that even SONY CR (which is expensive than transcend) refuses to handle SDHC cards. Since SONY carries a year warranty, i preferred transcend and i am happy....

Highly recommended...

Back