which Case - cooling + non-dusty?

mktw

Disciple
Hi Guys, my first post here... :)

I want to get a new case for my pc to fulfill 2 requirements
- to increase the air flow (i want to add 2nd SATA and i want some airflow over them)
- some filters to control the dust

Presently my Frontech Xilo is bearing with me with one 90mm fan at the rear & the coolermaster 600W psu slow fan. The HDD become quite hot in my 24x7 operation and i feel like it need some air blast for their longevity.

i have shortlisted 2 cases - Coolermaster Elite 370 (Rs2100) & Coolermaster Elite 430 (Rs.2600) since both have front fan (or can add) throwing air to HDD cage.
CM elite 370 looks like more VFM to me. i don't like the transparent side cover also of Elite 430 but can live with it if this case have any more good points.

Any other cases in this price range which fulfills my requirements?
Antec 300 is i think around Rs.3400 though i'm not sure it has any plus points??

I'm not into gaming but into development + graphics & somewhat into music.
my config is MSI785G E53 mobo, Athlon II X4 635, 4GB DDR3, seagate 500GB SATA, coolermaster 600W psu.
will be adding another seagate 500W sata & nvidia 9800gt (just purchased 2nd hand :p )

thanks in advance :)

Elite 430 is a good case. I am using it and its well ventilated, enough spacious for mid end components and keeps my sys cool..only bad thing is no cable management, only cable ties are provided.
If u want something cheap go for NZXT GAMMA for 2k. Its also a great cabby.

i would recommend Coolermaster Elite 370 which has solid front as compared to Elite 430 which has meshed.

buddy meshed one provide more air no doubt but also more dust and OP mention "cooling + non-dusty?" so that's why i selected Coolermaster Elite 370. Other choices could be CM elite 310, sileo 500-510.

hmm.. will check if NZXT GAMMA if available in Nehru Place...

Antec 200 looks good also... anyone selling Antec in Nehru Place?

for dust feel like getting a portable electric blower and use it once a month :)

thanks guys.... just now came from Nehru Place with CoolerMaster Elite 370... (cudn't find NZXT Gamma there to compare)

first looks... side panel is thinny.... will put the stuff in tomolo.. :)

Srry for going offtopic but wanted to ask how to avoid dust from entering i have 3 fans in my system , 2 as exhaust and 1 as intake still dust enters is there anyway to let dust not enter and i own a Nzxt gamma

P.S:- The amount of dust which accumulates is so mch that i recently removed dust frm heatsink of cpu and gpu idle temps dropped frm 37 to 34 :p

few tips:

- i cover my Case with cloth when my maid is dusting in the area(so that the dust in air doesn't gets sucked by the front fan)

- i purchased a Blower for Rs.300 (same used by IT shops) which i use once a month to blow off whatever extra sneaked in there... :)

(u can blow more frequently if dust built-up frequency is more)

Back