Which cellphone design do you prefer the most?

Guys, its as simple as it gets..choose from candy bar, clamshell, swivel action,
slider design or notebook type and please let us know why do you prefer that design..:)

clamshells are the most practical designs . you get a big screen and a good key pad. and the best thing is that the screen does not get scratched.

sadly, the best phones out there are candy bars . so you got to use them. swivel and slider are just for design. practically useless.

and i thought candy bars were more practical...though i agree with your point too but i've seen a lot of those clamshells break down because of the constant open-close cycle and then sometime the screen wud black out because of loose connections thru the joints..(though they can be termed as stray incidents..)

Worse are the units with a rotating screen like the N90..i wont say that i've seen any of those in the service center as of yet but they are very susceptible to damage and loose connections if the user is not playin easy with them...

That is why I some how pefer the candybar..but thats just me.. :)

Mangesh said:
Sorry for Dumb Question,

But what is Candy Bar and Camshell, please explain?

Mangesh, candybar is the most used cellphone design and though i cannot give you an exact definition but it is a plain brick type construction and they are not foldable, i can give examples for you to understand..
Candybar type examples :
Nokia 1100, 3310, 3100, 3120, 6610, 6600, 6630, 7610 etc..

On the other hand, clamshell are the ones which are foldable and can be best defined as the ones with the screen in the upper fold and the key pad in the lower fold.
Clamshell examples are:
Samsung E700, LG M4410 (car type phone !) etc.

hope that helps...;)

Hey CaaYoTee's,

Great Explantion, understood as soon as comlplete reading. No one can explain this better than you.

Thanks for Info

Id prefer Features to Eye Candy in a ratio..

Since now i use my phone for nothing by talking, id go for looks...

I do liek the Swivel Type a lot, looks pretty nice and flashy...

i have used the flips and the candy bars , i wud go for candy for func for eg like teh 02 xphone 2 it rocks, and for style its the swivel or flips. i wud rather go for func than looks , i learnt it the hard way :p

Candybar, like e398/k750/w800. They look and operate the best. And to some extent the swivel action, the W900i/W550i look awesome.

definately u goin to look into features but stil if looks are concerned :
candybar--most common(wins over the weight n sie factor frm clamshell)
clamshell--most practical
slider--my personal fav tho dey require care
swivel--er we dont have many o them rite now
notebook type--jeezuz who likes to hold a pencil box

btw wot abt ngag'es flat back design ..the old ngage wus like holding a frisbee while talkin btw my all time fav 7650 dats y i voted slider type..

Back