Which Cellular service provider in Mumbai is suggested??

TheBroker

Skilled
I am coming to Mumbai on the second of June for my admission purposes. (Finally, I am shifting, not so soon however ). The first thing I will need is a cell phone. As the heading goes, which is the best cellular service provider. My dad has a BPL connection. But it's bloody costly @ 60p + 3 ps / sec. I thin

I prefer something with good SMS packages and cheap calling / packages for some small rental or a CSP which offers similar packages at cost of an expensive recharge card( like a 3300 Rs. card which has full tt and 1 year validity)

Guys help.

And not to forget, the flat has been almost booked( some paperwork pending, handing over in some days) in Andheri(E), that part is called greenfields. However, I will stay at Lokhandwala for the time being.

if u want really good network and xcellent voice quality....nothing beats Reliance....they have low out-goin rates but they dont have any good sms package...if u r gonna talk a lot then its the best

Also u'll save quite a lot while roamin with Reliance...coz there are no airtime charges or rentals

TheBroker said:
And not to forget, the flat has been almost booked( some paperwork pending, handing over in some days) in Andheri(E), that part is called greenfields. However, I will stay at Lokhandwala for the time being.

LOL greenfields... we used to call those flats matchboxes ;). For mumbai nothing beats hutch.

been using airtel for some time now and all i can say is that theve never let me down
always got reception although im sorrounded by buildings

get billing....airtel or orange..any

get there schemes...

airtel with 1...299 rental...
and all call .50 paise per min......most of my frnd bills r stable at ard 400-500 per month

same like scheme with orange.......

the 3300 full talk time might sound good...but how much they charge for a minute that counts......also tata indicom schemes too r good.........

For prepaid it does not matter much which cell network you choose. Bcoz all of em have similar prepaid schemes when it comes to expenses.

As far as quality goes, hutch is having issues on suburb side for last few months now. There are frequent call drops these days. Specially in area like Parle, andheri, borivali area. My dad got soo fed up of the call drops that he purchased another mobile and airtel sim ( cant change hutch as too many people know old phone no and he is doctor so cant suddenly change phone nos. ).

I switched to airtel last year only. So far so good. I am on postpaid though. Rs.299 plan. Usual bill amount is Rs.500-600 for me. And i can pay my airtel bills online now too using netbanking.

I would sugest getting postpaid as atleast for me prepaid didnt use to last long enough :p

And honestly if you are heavy mobile user you get much more talk time in postpaid for same amount of money and i prefer that.

funky do they charge (bank) for net payment..i guess there is some 25 bucks per month...or thats for automated clearing????

broker.......prepaid will b xpensive..................i guess the cheapest call rate would b ard 1.49 per minute......need to check that...reliance and tata indicom may b offering best deals in prepaid check that

magnet said:
funky do they charge (bank) for net payment..i guess there is some 25 bucks per month...or thats for automated clearing????

broker.......prepaid will b xpensive..................i guess the cheapest call rate would b ard 1.49 per minute......need to check that...reliance and tata indicom may b offering best deals in prepaid check that
No Rs.25 is for Electronic clearance. The netbanking does not cost you anything.
All you need to do is go to AIRTEL - Express Yourself
create your account, login, pay bill by Credit card or netbanking. Thats it.
Simple and fast. No more going to airtel outlets to pay bill or drop cheques.

Maybe i need one too, soon!!:eek:hyeah:

Lost 2GB of UCCC in past 2 months!!:p

That too on a MTNL Dolphin connection!!:O

Well MTNL is sms only now, frnds are fed up of trying a zillion times to get thru to me!!:mad:

Thank God i have that Reliance prepaid, no connectivity issues till date, esp on 26/07/05!!:clap:

And Hutch is giving a lot of probs in the suburbs, some of my pals have shifted to Airtel and are quite happy with it!!:)

Back