Linux Which CMS/Website Software to choose?

Dark Star

ex-Mod
Was thinking of starting the new year by creating my website with my own domain and host. Now heres the catch I had my blog Tux Enclave. but due to limited features of WP.com I had to leave the blog and its been many years since I left blogging.

But for now on I am thinking of creating a blog/site for my own tutorials, news and all.

The CMS I am looking for should obviously be an Open Source so I decided on these three :

1. WP.org
2. Drupal
3. Joomla

I tried the 30 day demo of Joomla and its good. In the beginning i know I had to o through the learning curve of both Drupal and Joomla so its not an issue.

What I am looking for is a customization option with plethora of themes, addons and easy setup.

Also if possible do suggest me a good domain and host provider.

Regards

Wordpress is really easy to set up and go. Has plenty of customization options too. Between Drupal and Joomla, I found Drupal better though that might be a contentious issue, what with so many people saying that it has a steeper learning curve than Joomla. I found it the opposite.

For domain and hosting, I registered the domain from name.com which also provides whois privacy for cheap. I'd recommend whost.in for hosting from my personal experience.

Back