Which connection is best for unlimited STD

Hotstuff

Skilled
Hi everyone,
Its has been along while since I have been away from TE due to 12, coatching and entrances et all.. Well I glad to be back.

Now I want to know the cheapest plan/ connection for STD calling from Manipal (Karnataka) to talk to my parents in delhi. Ab parents to baat kare bina maante nahin, so I need to know the cheapest and reliable connection for STD calling ( heavy usage: daily atleast 15 to 20 min std), preferably unlimited STD coupled with decent local usage plan for me in manipal. SO guys plz suggest something?:S

I am using the Airtel India@1 plan. Rs. 600 rental, but you get 600 rupees free to call any where in India. All calls at Re.1 to anywhere in India, and while roaming first 60 min(it might be 100, not sure) incoming free. ISD at standard rate.

This one is good if you have heavy STD usage but not much local calls(for me the office phone is god send :bleh:)

Cheapest? Reliance :D

The new prepaid plan.

Rs 496 per month for unlimited reliance to reliance (mobile to mobile only) calling to multiple reliance mobile phones anywhere in India :p

+ 100 Rs recharge once in 3 months to keep connection active.

+ basic reliance mobile = cheapest model = 1350 + 300 one time SIM/activation charge.

So get 1 for urself = 1350 + 300 one time +100 quarterly + 500monthly.

Parents: 1350 + 300 one time + 100 quarterly.

Me and lots of friends are using the same. Best for unlimited/long calls :eek:hyeah:

thanks. also which are the decent cdma phones: for instance how is nokia 6088 and 6275.. also any other decent phone in sub 10k range

Airtel and Vodafone have Manipal Special SIM which has Very Very attractive tariffs and they are available exclusively in Manipal.
So go to local Mobile store in Manipal and check.

BTW Did you get admission in Manipal?

yup i am getting Comp sci engg in manipal... any idea about the tariffs... wat about the std cost per min to airtel in those tariffs

Not completely sure of the STD rates, but the Manipal (lucky) buggers get really good rates from carriers there.

its like 15ps/min to same network

20-25ps/min to other

50ps national msg

100 free local (karnataka) msgs/day

not 100% sure but it is very similar to that.

thanks ankit, anyone here knows the std rates??? because that will be critical as i need to talk to my parents in delhi quite often for long durations. it is essential for me to know the rates to help me choose between gsm and cdma phone

Back