Which Controller for PC Gaming is good

New controllers of Playstation and XBox have USB-C port.

Oh ! Is it so.

I don't have a PS5. In that case amazonbasics USB C cable should work fine. Others having a DS5 or XSX/XSS controller can confirm.

If you want future proofing then you should go with latest controller + USB-C cable combo. I don't see any point in buying last gen controller and then look for micro-USB cable.

If you want future proofing then you should go with latest controller + USB-C cable combo. I don't see any point in buying last gen controller and then look for micro-USB cable.
It always depends on the price. The One controllers are cheaper than the Series ones and so are micro USB cables compared to Type C. I have exclusively used the controller wirelessly, but still have the long micro USB cable that came with a Kindle years ago that works fine.

I had purchased the One controller years ago and there was no choice but now each one has to decide whether the premium is worth it. But, as I mentioned previously would always prefer the Xbox controllers over the PS ones due to button mapping and preference for using removable AA cells.

I have both but prefer the series X controller for it has better integration with windows. Instant firmware updates, and the game mentions the buttons as A/B and not circle/ triangle. Although the PS5 controller needs a PS5 to show it's true strength and it's leaps and bounds ahead of the other.

The overall best controller is the Xbox controller IMO because of the compatibility and design plus quality. Replaceable batteries are also great, just use a set of rechargeables and quickly swap them out when charge runs out

XBOX one or may be a DS, based on your liking.

I prefer xbox controller as it can be used with TV/phone/ipad/Windows and its ergonomically great.

On a tight budget I just pick one that's on sale on amazon that's clearly a chinese xbox controller clone (eg. some redgear controllers, claw wired etc.) but I use them carefully. As expected they're more prone to wearing out and drifting or just dying. My old claw wired somehow still has 0 deadzone and no faults but that's only a single one of the many cheap ones I've purchased.

Otherwise as seems popular an original Xbox One controller is a good buy. The vibration feedback from pressing down triggers is very good and it lasts longer than most controllers I've used. Windows has good support for it as expected.

Back