Which CPU Cooler for i7 3770K

atg666

Disciple
I have a core i7 3770K system (not overclocked) which was made using most of the parts sourced used from TE.
I don't like the loud stock intel cooler, and have tried a CM Hyper212X, it does not clear the RAM (Corsair Vengeance), and also, barely fits (heightwise) into a CM K501L full ATX case.

I would like some recommendations for a CPU air cooler which comes with the following:
1) a PWM enabled relatively silent fan.
2) Screw in place system, rather than a clip in place system (tried the Deepcool Gammax AG300, not a fan).
3) no more than 92mm fan,
4) no more than 120mm height
5) since the system platform is quite old, budget is limited.

Almost all coolers with a 92mm fan use the clip system, they're usually under Rs 1000. I don't think there's any premium 92mm coolers apart from the low profile Noctuas and server coolers.

The Antec A40 is the most affordable "high end" cooler with a 92mm fan, it's usually around 1500 and should cool down the 3770K easily — I really liked mine but cannot bring myself to buy another because there's far battery 120mm fan coolers in that price range. There's a similar model by Thermaltake but it's priced higher.

You can't have a small AND quiet air cooler: I'd suppose AIO is the way to go. That will let you OC and gain quite a bit of performance too.

You can't have a small AND quiet air cooler: I'd suppose AIO is the way to go. That will let you OC and gain quite a bit of performance too.
The mobo I am using doesn't support OC. I have a Corsair H80i v2, used previously with a mobo which did support OC (MSI P67A GD 80, currently malfunctioning) , but the catch is that there are no extra USB headers on the current MOBO ( zebronics h61 m2) for the pump.

Back