Camera Which digital camera is better for hardcopy photographs

shabbir76

Disciple
guys I need a camera to take photos and to have a hard copy what I want it to caputure and store my sons childhood memories as I do not know anything about cameras I would like you to suggest me some my budget is 4k.

Guys recently HS18 is showing fujifil finepix c20 for 2999, and olympus T10 for 2699, so these cameras will give the quality for photo printing or only I can wath them on computers. I do not want to have DSLR or anything only I want to have some decent photographs to print and keep them in album. Please any suggestions will be helfpul and I have to take it by 14th of April as it is my son's second birthday. Please suggest.

Thank you

http://www.flipkart....AMCZYTHZRR7XGQK

I say get the Canon Powershot A1200. reviews and pics from it are good. http://www.dpreview.com/products/canon/compacts/canon_a1200

If strictly at or below 4k, Canon PS A800 or Olympus VG 110.

Nikon Coolpix L23 was taken as possible alternative to canon. Do read reviews on net and search for sample pics taken from camera, before you decide to purchase your camera.

A Nikon review - http://www.photograp...pix_l23_review/

Regarding your question about fujifilm, found this here - http://www.techencla...digital-camera/

Thank you guys I have read previosuly about fujifilm but to be more specific I want to know if someone has used that camera or has seen there picture quality as of nikon it seems to be good anymore suggestions would be helpful. Thinking of going with olympus Vg 110 any more suggestions thank you

wanted to add something here about your question about printing the photos. Minimum resolution required for printing a digital camera taken photo is 150dpi for 4x6 prints. This resolution will give ok quality print. For studio quality print, you need 180-300 dpi photos (around 200-225 ppi). The mp of camera has no relation to the dpi or ppi. My canon cam takes pics at 180dpi no matter what resolution i take pic in. from 640x480 to 4mp sizes.

Also most of the cameras take photos in square ratio, whereas the photo studio sizes are in rectangle/ wide 3:2 format or such. They will crop the photo to make it fit into the standard size. So be prepared to loose a bit of photo when taking hard copies.

I do not known anything about dpi let alone even think I heard it all I know is MP. Thank you please suggest in the above which camera will take good hard copy photos thank you "Fawlty" for your help.

get the canon a1200 or olympus vg110

olympus one has built in lithium battery, so once you charge it and use it to take some photos, it will stay in charged condition for some months if not used. the canon uses 2AA cells, and judging by the amount of power the powershot series takes, you will require 2500mAh or better rechargeable batteries which will cost you additional 500 -700 bucks. Ordinary Eveready batteries will last just 10-15 shots without flash. WIth flash, you'll get disappointed when the camera takes a long time to get ready for next shot.

the advantage the canon a1200 has is taking hd movies at 720p resolution which can be viewed on lcd tv. but it requires better batteries or ac adapter to perform well.

sorry to anony you but olympus VG-110 I found on recent review that VGA camera picture quality is less when compared to non VGA camers please up date regardin this. ON HS18 the rate is 3650, where as on other it is nearly 4K so what is the difference.

of course vga camera quality is less compared to 720p quality. its not entirely bad though. its a little better than vcd.

regarding the price difference, it depends on the seller. HS18 like other online sites list items from 3rd party sellers. Flipkart is giving some 4GB card and charger free, so maybe price is extra for those items. If you get it for less, better. I dont think there is any difference in models. Just check what the warranty is before buying.

I am back to square one which camera to buy may be an 400 or 500 bucks increase if I am able to get a good one will be okay as I need something to keep memories and print. Could be guide be about olympus t10 which is cost 2699/- wiht 10 mp could it come handy for printing or anyother model in olympus or other compnay in 4500 range.

Back