which DVD player

rASCAL

Disciple
i need to pick up a dvd player for about 5 k
could anyone suggest some models..
will be better if it has a divx player and can play scrached discs

thanks in advance

I purchased it from a market behind Sukhsagar hotel, Majestic (if I have not forgotten, it is called NR market) but I guess many vendors in Majestic area (like National market) stocks this

thanks Super_Czar for those PMes .. I bought Philips DVP-3046 for 3.6K(including 4% VAT(yes vat regime has come here :( (TN) ) :D . it also plays Xvid files :) . but it couldn't play the HD music videos (hehe) , only audio .. I'm satisfied with this player fully knowing that the picture quality isn't so good as with a computer , it does the job fine!

EDIT: found the region unlock code '138931' . first press setup key and then using the left/right arrow keys, go to "Preference" . there enter this code and you'll get a dialog box prompting which region code you want to change to :D . it works! :clap:

Get a Pioneer DVD player. I think Pioneer is the best when it comes to optical technology. I am myself using a Pioneer 366-S (no longer available) which I bought 4 years ago and haven't faced a single problem with it.

I bought an LG 9481 couple of days back and it plays region 1 dics without any problem. My primary need was to able to play the DVDs I had brought from US and took one of them to the store. Almost all players I tried didnt have any problem playing the DVD (its clearly marked as region 1 on the box and on the DVD and it didnt play on my friends Sony).

I think you should do the same, take couple of diff region discs and test them out. I also took a xvid encoded file in a cd-rw and this was the only player that could play it (couple of others just had the audio).

But there werent any phillips ones that could play divx in the store, so maybe you can check with phillips too.

PS: Well, this is more than a month old thread. The OP might have already got his stuff.

random2 said:
I bought an LG 9481 couple of days back and it plays region 1 dics without any problem. My primary need was to able to play the DVDs I had brought from US and took one of them to the store. Almost all players I tried didnt have any problem playing the DVD (its clearly marked as region 1 on the box and on the DVD and it didnt play on my friends Sony).

I think you should do the same, take couple of diff region discs and test them out. I also took a xvid encoded file in a cd-rw and this was the only player that could play it (couple of others just had the audio).

But there werent any phillips ones that could play divx in the store, so maybe you can check with phillips too.

PS: Well, this is more than a month old thread. The OP might have already got his stuff.

frm what i have heard Philips has one of the best Divx Dvd Players.......i myself have a Samsung which works perfectly......

My uncle is looking for a dvd player, to rent and watch movies as well as some xvid ones from me on dvd+RW :p

Any suggestions?

About 3.5k is the budget.....

I think LG is real good VFM. I bought the 9443 last October. Has 5.1 output and supports DivX. Came region free out of the box. Cost me 3200 but I belive it is just under 3K now. IIRC Hypercity had it marked to 2700 or something like that.

I paid 3350 for LG 9481, some details are in my previous post in page 1. played region 1 dvds out of the box and also xvid files.

I think ive said this previously, best thing is to take couple of different region dvds, xvid/divx file in a cd and test those out at the shop.

Back