Audio which earphones to buy in 1k ?

Disciple
I want to buy a pair of earphones ( in ear) in a budget of 1k...
I used to have soundmagic pl11 but i lost it somewhere, so searching for an appropriate model...

Kindly let me know what are my choices in 1k budget..
Sent from my SGH-i917. using Board Express

Es18 costs 520 bucks on flipkart. It has mixed reviews... If i increase my budget by 500 rs more what are my options ?? Anyone know how is jbl tempo in ear headphones....costs 910 bucks.....

what mixed reviews ? other than the cheap look and feel, everyone here thinks they're awesome. I upgraded to them from a Pl11/MP21 myself, and I think they're worth a lot more

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I was also looking for a budget IEM and I am stuck between Philips SHE3570 and the Soundmagic ES18, the price difference isn't that much, but I can't find the Philips instock on Flipkart where the price seems to be the lowest.

I wanted to know is the ES18 worth the extra couple of hundred bucks ? or should i wait for Philips SHE3570 to be instock at Flipkart ...

preet27 Yes. ES18 is worth the price :)

Cool thanks, but I was reading a few reviews on Flipkart and I came across a review which said these come second close to Philips SHE3581, and I checked the price for Philips SHE3581 and it is less than ES18, are the philips SHE3581 better ??

I want to use them with my phone, so they will be used mostly while going to sleep in the night, so I am a little apprehensive of the build quality, do the Philips one have a better build quality ??

@preet27 Personally I don't trust reviews on Flipkart. Search this forum and you'll find many appreciations to ES18. But, yes the build quality is little flimsy hence the lower price. SoundMagic IEMs are little low on build quality but the SQ wise these are better than Philips IMHO.

The buds are smaller so you can wear these comfortably at night while going to sleep but your hearing may damage over the time if you forget to remove and keep all the night(It happened to me many times so I stopped listening while going to sleep) :p

Last edited by a moderator:
LoL !!! I gues I will tape the IEM's where the wire meets the Earbuds, so that I don't accidentaly pull the wire out while sleeping .... I won't be listening to loud music while sleeping, so I hope my ears stay intact, I need them till the day I DIE (NOT YET GOD):hail:

- - - Updated - - -

Ordered Soundmagic ES18 from Flipkart !!! Thanks to Krisballa for helping me out,and I apologise to OP for hijacking your thread, I hope you don't get mad at me, I will be going now !!!

Peace :cool43:

Ok....ill order mine today since everyone is suggesting them... Thanks a lot guys

^^ buy from homeshop18 , it is much cheaper there
Homeshop18's old listing @400 does not have the Black Red combo in stock, but new listing has all 3 color combos priced at 490/-, i opted for Flipkart because of its prompt delivery and better ASS and CC, for 30Rupees more I think Flipkart is a more reliable option !!!

How is ultimate ears 100 . Comes for 799 bucks...saw a lot of reviews.....also a noob question...can i get any brainwavz model for 1k :)

marshmallow is not worth it - at least I hate their foam tips. even when I used them with sony hybrid tips, still sound just okayish

Back