Which Ecosystem ! (Google or Samsung) ?

honest1

Adept
I've been stuck deciding which tech ecosystem to go for. Right now, I've got a Samsung laptop, tab, watch, and a Pixel 8.

I'm debating between getting a Pixel watch to join the Google family or grabbing a Galaxy phone to be part of the Samsung crew. Both options have their good sides and not-so-good sides.

With Google, I love how easy their stuff is to use, the camera never disappoints, and there's a bunch of smart features that make life simple. On the flip side, Samsung is like a treasure trove of features in both their phones and their ecosystem.

Any advice or thoughts? Let me know what you think!

PS: I am not at all interested in iOS Ecosystem, so please do not suggest that

Thats a tough quedtion to reply, as this completely depends on your taste.
You like some features more in Samsung/Google which is not present in other or can be achieved other way round.

Decide on your daily/routine requirements and do needful.
I agree Google is more simple comparatively.

Go with the Samsung ecosystem, lot lot more mature. From what I saw, Pixel Watch is average at best and Galaxywatches have better screen and features. Keep pure Android aside, you get better features and support/service with Samsung phones. Samsung Pay is unmatched in India and abroad.

Go with Samsung. Samsung has always treated India as an important market and that gives me hope for continued day 1 launches etc in India. Google on the other hand has been very hit and miss for the Indian market. Many pixels didnt launch in India even months or years later.

Plus samsung is the best ecosystem in terms of Dex even apple is far far behind in that.

Google products are getting better, but their service centers in India is not better after warranty period and getting spares for service is a tad difficult. Samsung service and service availability is better. As far as camera firmwares/ mod I have to agree with OP view. But Samsung is not far behind. Samsung Apps, products and Samsung PAY integration is too good.
You have experienced Samsung customisation in 3 devices, is it agreeble to you, if yes then Samsung Phone it is.

If I were you, you already have Pixel 8 which got released in 2023, relish the features you have and then buy the next samsung phone if need be. I am not sure as to which watch you have, if its outdated, then upgrade to new Samsung watch. It works well with Pixel too.

Even though I'm a diehard Pixel fan, I would recommend getting into the Samsung ecosystem (especially if it's the S23), as others have already mentioned.

The integration across their watches is extremely good, and Samsung Pay is in a league of its own.

Can't speak of this ecosystem thing, but if you like Pixel 8 camera, you will be highly disappointed with the galaxy camera. Unless you fancy cartoonish colours. Their software might offer features and some of them are indeed useful, but most of them remain unused. But Samsung offer good hardware, good as in more reliable.

Can't speak of this ecosystem thing, but if you like Pixel 8 camera, you will be highly disappointed with the galaxy camera. Unless you fancy cartoonish colours. Their software might offer features and some of them are indeed useful, but most of them remain unused. But Samsung offer good hardware, good as in more reliable.
Thats the only fear I have !
Are Galaxy cams are so bad?

Thats the only fear I have !
If you're getting the S23 (Ultra), the camera will do you good.

Samsung's image processing has been poor throughout the S23 series, but results are much worse with the base model. In general though, the overprocessed, oversaturated images with aggressive noise reduction and smoothening are meant for small screen consumption over social media. Definitely not worth it if you care about image quality.

Yes, unfortunately. Even as someone who can't stand Samsung's software approach to Android, i myself would switch from pixels to them if they didn't have them garbage cameras. Just check one or two comparison videos with pixels and iPhones on YouTube and see whether that Samsung approach of gargantuan saturation is to your liking. Then you can decide

Which phone are you planning to get? Ultra? Wait for more reviews on S24 series. Looks very promising. Check this petapixel video.

Which phone are you planning to get? Ultra? Wait for more reviews on S24 series. Looks very promising. Check this petapixel video.

I am planning to get the small brother only so it will be either S23 or S24 however at the same time I would also like to see that I get a phone which has more value.
Yes, unfortunately. Even as someone who can't stand Samsung's software approach to Android, i myself would switch from pixels to them if they didn't have them garbage cameras. Just check one or two comparison videos with pixels and iPhones on YouTube and see whether that Samsung approach of gargantuan saturation is to your liking. Then you can decide
Have seen few videos and I know can fully understand what you are saying :)

Last edited:
Back