Security Software Which free anti-virus is best for Windows 7 ?

my vote for MSE

no need to update it separately, it updates with windows
too easy to use :p
a bit confusing to turn off, so your pc will stay safe with newbie users

Forerunner said:
Am using MSE in my laptop for a year now. No issues whatsoever. Using NOD32 in my PC though. Both Windows 7.

NOD32, which version? Mine used to give trouble with downloads on utorrent. Since then switched to MSE.

I am using free version of Avast on windows 7 from last 2+ yrs and never faced any issues nor needed to be reinstall os due to virus or so

well today no one software is best, best is a combination of softwares that keeps u secured out there, i say a combination of ESET smart security, malwarebytes and superant1spyware is enuff and if u feel having a bit more u can also install MSE. But like i said this is something based on how u will use the pc online or offline.

Been using Avira on my netbook. It updates itself everyday automatically. Havent faced any issues as such.

Guys, what is the difference between paid Anti-virus softwares such as McAfee (have been using it for quite some time and no issues at all) and Microsoft Sec Essential? In my new setup I've MSE but would like to know if it worth even by a bit to install something like McAfee? I won't mind spending another 1k for security. Please respond I'll also do my research on the net about the same.

KonfuSed said:
Guys, what is the difference between paid Anti-virus softwares such as McAfee (have been using it for quite some time and no issues at all) and Microsoft Sec Essential? In my new setup I've MSE but would like to know if it worth even by a bit to install something like McAfee? I won't mind spending another 1k for security. Please respond I'll also do my research on the net about the same.

Between McAfee and MSE i would recommend you to use MSE

But if you want to sail a tighter ship i would advise you to get

Avira AntiVirus(Paid) / Kaspersky Antivirus 2012(paid)

Comodo Firewall (free)

Emsisoft Antimalware (freeware mode)

All commercial and free antivirus only provide the illusion of security. Each and every AV can be bypassed in scantime and runtime.
Just use common sense and you will be safe.

Is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (anti-malware) essential to use with any AV software.

Also there is recommendation to run Web of trust http://www.mywot.com along with above two. Means running three software is the call to take
<

Back