Graphic Cards Which gpu for me?

4m!7

Adept
Hi pplz......
i am looking forward to buy a new rig for my casual gameing needs. Can u guyz suggest me a Graphic card for 3.5k??
Rest of the rig configuration is:-
e2180/e5200(availbilty is an issue still:S )
Transcend 2gb dd2 800mhz ram
Motherboard-(not decided yet)
Plz come forward and help :)

For 3.5k, nothing better than the 8600GT and it will run at its max on ur processor, so no bottleneck problem as well. :D

Just ensure that u go for the 256MB DDR3 version. No need to go for the DDR2 ones coz its slower and no need for 512MB or 1GB DDR3 versions(if any) coz the chip won't have the potential to utilize the extra memory anyway.

i dont think there are much options for u to choose from at this price point.

u can either get a 8600 GT (new if u can find one) or the 3650 someone was selling in the TE market for 3500 will do better than 8600gt at stock.

as far as the mobo is concerned , get a Biostar TP35 which is plenty if u are going to oc ur c2d to around 3-3.2 GHZ.

P.S if u going to use a mon that is 19" or above seriously consider getting a 9600GT around 5.5k which would do more good than u can imagine :)

amitmishra12 said:
Hi pplz......
i am looking forward to buy a new rig for my casual gameing needs. Can u guyz suggest me a Graphic card for 3.5k??
Rest of the rig configuration is:-
e2180/e5200(availbilty is an issue still:S )
Transcend 2gb dd2 800mhz ram
Motherboard-(not decided yet)
Plz come forward and help :)

8600GT. 10 chars

I say up ur budget by .5k and get a 9500 gt. Consumes less power and overclocks better than 8600gt and also deliver 5-10% more eye candy.
so are u the cricketer Amit Mishra? I reckon he's from Delhi as well?
and im not mad

^hahaha....no this guy is from dlehi

At least 400W rated PSU (Gigabyte, VIP, Cooler Master etc) is must for 8600GT.

my friend is running it on a zebby 400w ...for past one year...no problems so far....and he is a COD4 maniac..

I dont know if u can get the card for the same price that the forum members mentioned. As the rupee is depreciating against the dollar, prices are increasing as these items are made abroad, not in India.

Techie_007 has reported that the price of the 9800GT has already increased. So buy one quick before prices rise further.

9500GT would be a better buy as it a newer generation card.

Back