Graphic Cards Which GPU to buy???

^^^ yep they are using a Zalman cooler which was actually meant for the GTX 216.
dunno if it has it the shelves here. will hafta find out.

HD 5970 all the way!! Mind blowing performance at reasonable price (reasonable for it's capability) & I have heard that AMD+ATI makes the best pair.

DarkAngel said:
If u want a GTX480 then wait for the AMP edition. Amazing cooling on that GPU :D

Zotac GTX 480 AMP! Power Consumption and Thermals
You seem to forget that the Bit Tech labs are in the UK. :bleh:

Their ambient temperatures would be somewhere less than 20'C? And compare the Indian conditions and add a considerable percentage of humidity to it.

The cooler nevertheless is better than the reference design. So that should account for a delta of about 10~15'C max?

Desecrator said:
You seem to forget that the Bit Tech labs are in the UK. :bleh:

Their ambient temperatures would be somewhere less than 20'C? And compare the Indian conditions and add a considerable percentage of humidity to it.

The cooler nevertheless is better than the reference design. So that should account for a delta of about 10~15'C max?
Ya i know that :) But look at the temps. The HD5870 black edition and GTX480 AMP edition have same temps in max load !!!! Its cooler than the reference HD5870 :O

So in India i guess for both the cards the ambient temps would increase and not for the GTX 480 AMP edition alone :p

True that but 40'C on loads is no joke! Thats like a cooler that brought down the temps by a whole 60'C! Just not possible! Not even even if you keep that system in a freezer. :bleh:

Desecrator said:
True that but 40'C on loads is no joke! Thats like a cooler that brought down the temps by a whole 60'C! Just not possible! Not even even if you keep that system in a freezer. :bleh:

Correction. Again ur are comparing indian temps with UK :p

The original reference cooler design of GTX480 tested by Bit-Tech had a peak temp of 72 C

Review - Nvidia GeForce GTX 480 1,536MB Review | bit-tech.net

Now the Amp Edition the temps are down to 40 C. Both are tested in UK and so its a 32C drop with similar ambient temps.

So if its 100C-105C iwith ref design n India then it would reduce to ~75 C for the Amp Edition. :bleh:

now wat i wud like to know is whether the 5970 wud fit inside a CM 690.
Have somehow managed to fit a XL-ATX mobo in it but dunno whether the 5970 wud fit it.

well bro i have 480 sli...no probs...its rock stable and u dt need an ac ..its just been hyped and read my sign...and what i get is idel temp arnd 45 and in load in bad company 2 with 32x aa after 4 hours is max 88 each and no stupid sound...go ahead NVIDIA is the man

lalitsehgal21 said:
well bro i have 480 sli...no probs...its rock stable and u dt need an ac ..its just been hyped and read my sign...and what i get is idel temp arnd 45 and in load in bad company 2 with 32x aa after 4 hours is max 88 each and no stupid sound...go ahead NVIDIA is the man
What are the ambient temperatures...?

neojjjk said:
^^^ yea mate Nvidia is the best...Gtx 485 is coming ...wait for 2 weeks
Right! And when that fails miserably when ATI would launch another card for a lower price, say 'ATI is the best'! :rofl:

485 is a LOT of speculation but if the op can wait for it then nothing like it. But no one knows for sure when it will be available and then when can get it here through local channels. It could be anywhere from 4 weeks to 4 months.

Back