Audio Which HP? - Sony/Sennheiser/SteelSeries - budget=Rs.1500

Haddock

Adept
Guys, need some help here-

I want to buy a headset, for gaming & music (phone).

I'm currently using a foldable type Philips SBC HL150, after my Nokia's IEM was eaten by cockroaches :p (wire).
philipssbchl150.jpg

Last BIG HP i had was a Zebronics with mic. :tongue:, that has stopped working for more than 6-8months.

Now, i just want a proper HP for a good Rs.1500 budget :D

I dont really need a HP with mic, as i already have desktop mic.

I have narrowed down three brands & 5 models -

1. SteelSeries 3H Headset with Mic (pull out mic) = Rs. 1,619

2. Sennheiser HD 180 = Rs.940

3. Sennheiser Wired Headphones HD201 = Rs.1,466

4. Sony Headphones MDR-XD100 = Rs.1,013
(above prices = from ebay.in)
5. Sony Home AV H/P MDR-XD200 = Rs.1,260

My usage - gaming, music (use with phone)

it should have good BASS effect.:cool2:

are there better models than these under 1.5k range?

i'm going to b'lore it tomorrow, so quick recommendation will help me :D

Dont get SS 3H ,, very uncomfortable design .. not advisable.

Get Sony MDR X - 200 or the HD 202.

Buy an extra collar mic for al your voice-chat needs.

thanks, but read in a forum that HD202 has bloated BASS & only good for gaming. is it right?

my bro has Sony MDR-W08 & its BASS effects are awesome :D

also, my home theater is a Sony & its sound output is mind blowing (for 20k :p ), so i'm leaning towards MDR-XD200

You might want to try the HD202 out before purchasing them. The cups are small and if you have larger ears they might not fit, I would advise you to look into the Phillips SHP line up. The Sony is said to be good but a bit high on bass.

^ i have the XD200. Funny thing is I cannot make out any difference in bass in movie and music mode. got it from ebay. and it does not seem fake since it has official importer stamp on it. But it is a truly good budget headphone i think. only con would be the background noise seems a bit amplified by the cups on these hp's.

6pack said:
^ i have the XD200. Funny thing is I cannot make out any difference in bass in movie and music mode. got it from ebay. and it does not seem fake since it has official importer stamp on it. But it is a truly good budget headphone i think. only con would be the background noise seems a bit amplified by the cups on these hp's.
try listening to eminem's ass like that in movie and music mode at decent levels . there will be perceptible difference in the bass :)

lol, that is a great price for the XD200 , i dout it though , contact them and ask where exactly.

i think they are converting $ > rupees

:D
i've posted that link in 1st post :p

but, deltapage charge more for courier.

their total cost is almost similar to tradus.

sometimes they have old stock, so imo its better to buy at their shop in person than dealing online :p

Back