PC Peripherals Which is better Logitech or Klipsch?

Udit

Skilled
Which is better Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Channel THX Speakers or Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1 Channel Speakers.

Reason Required as I will buy any one of those in 2 Months.

Are The Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1 Channel Speakers THX Certified?

What is the cost of Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1 Channel Speakers?

If it is possible, try to listen to both before deciding. The klipsch are THX certified, but dont go by that. It doesnt really mean much.

quality wise i klipsch is a little better.

but when u take the overall package & the decoder which u get with the logitech z5500, i guess u should get the logitech z5500. also the quality of the z5500 is also amazing.

I have not heard either of these speakers but from what I have read in the forums there are no speakers as good as the Klipsch's. Most Klipsch owners have very strong positive opinions on their speakers - they always seem to think they are the BEST.

I can see you will have problems listening to both these speakers before deciding which one to buy so I would suggest you read around in the audio forums to see what end users report on both these speaker. Dont make your opinion based to tests done by hardware sites as most of them have a bias towards certain products.

One good forum I found for Audio is ....

http://forums.pcper.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39

This is actually the AMD hardware forums prviously named AMDMB. I personally know one of the Audio GURU's in this forum and he is originally from ... Kolkatta .... his name is Sangram ......

Klispch Promedia 5.1 is the best PC speakers available according to ppl who own them. Deejay has a set of klipsch speakers, and he said it owns anything he has heard, including the Creative soundworks systems.

Waaaaahhhh....... I had made a very very very loooong post here....

It is all deleted!!! Damn you admins :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

No patience to post that again. Had taken all the info from Creative webite and hosted images at Imageshack....

Anyway, when it comes to sound quality, the Klipsch and the CReative MEgaworks 5.1 550 is better than the ?Logitech mainly because of thr bass. While the 5500 has amazing bass, some reviewers feel it overpowers the acual music. They find the bass too boomy.

But whren it comes to an overall package, the 5500 wins because of it's digital inputs and Decoder. But nt many people use the digital inputs and the decoder on the Audigy 2 ZS is better. So, it is better to connect it to your Audigy 2 ZS by analog itself.

And if you plan to buy it from India, then the Creative 5.1 550 is the only other option you have as the Klipsch is waaaaay too expensive. Around 37K(I read somewhere on TE. SOmeone else had posted). The Creative Megaworks 5.1 550 is around 25K. Not worth it to pay 15K for just that little bit extra for the Klipsch brandname...

I have the Logitech Z-680, sibling of the Z-5500 with the exact same features expect the size of the woofer speaker and I believe that they are the best. Even though I don't have a PC right now, I am using the speakers for my mini-HT setup ;) , connected it to my pioneer DVD player through a optical cable and I'm planning to configure a system soon and I'll be connecting it via co-axial. So its pretty versatile in terms of connectivity and the sound quality is earth shaking, if you watch Saving Private Ryan and if you don't have a big room, the floor will literally shake with the sound of the tanks.

Thank you everyone for your replies.

I will buy Logitech because of its features and wireless remote.

Mods Close this Thread.

Back