which is better N73Music or N80

Havok

Adept
which one is better N73 Me or N80

i dunno why N73 Me is priced more than N80

the only difference is N73 Me has 3.2 mp where as N80 has 3 Mp camera.

more over N80 has wifi also.

- Its not just any 3.2mp camera. Its a Carl Zeiss Lens with autofocus. Way better than n80
- n73 has a bigger and brighter screen. Now you'll say that n80 has a higher rez, but that just results in the text being too small :p Apparently, nokia has stopped using that resolution in any of their new phones.
- n80's biggest problem is the pathetic battery. Using wifi will drain the battery in no time. The n73 can go on for 3 days of heavy use on a single charge.
- n73 ME comes with the ad46 and a 2gb SD-card :hap2:

Agreed zhops...
But here's my two bits -
Nokia definitely has to up the N80's battery mAh definitely.
Screen's very readable on the N80, and that resolution is definitely good. However both cells have great screens (pwned by the N95 though read 24 bit)
What makes the N80 inch ahead in one aspect at least is the keypad layout.

Now I'm a user who wants quick easy access to my keypad with my albeit thick fingers striking whatever key I intend them to at first go. This is where the N80 scores...Its keypad layout cannot be strictly compared because its a slider, but usage wise its better.

I had problems with the N73 because the freakin extra buttons (on the out rim) are similar to the POS layout of the N70...I still use my 6630 and swear by it just because of the comfy layout. Maybe I've gotten used to dead space around the buttons but that's it.

Overall the N73ME is a much better deal (I've always like the candy-bar form factor) and the 2 gig card and better headphones add great value. The 1150 mAh battery doesn't hurt either ;)

zhopudey said:
- Its not just any 3.2mp camera. Its a Carl Zeiss Lens with autofocus. Way better than n80
- n73 has a bigger and brighter screen. Now you'll say that n80 has a higher rez, but that just results in the text being too small :p Apparently, nokia has stopped using that resolution in any of their new phones.
- n80's biggest problem is the pathetic battery. Using wifi will drain the battery in no time. The n73 can go on for 3 days of heavy use on a single charge.
- n73 ME comes with the ad46 and a 2gb SD-card :hap2:

Yes, n80 certainly has one of the best keypads. :D But then, you can get used to the n73 keypad once you've used it for a few days. The n80 cons - like low battery, no autofocus, and a smaller screen - nothing can be done about those. :D

Honestly, the only reason I'd choose the N73ME over the N80 is the battery life..Nothing else!!
IMHO N80 is the hottest Nokia phone ever. Period.

There are many N73 reveiews (IIRC) on TE so you can get more info from that..
The only cons in N80:
* Poor battery life
* Horrrendous video capture quality (indoors)

Otherwise its an awesome phone..The slider form-factor :drool2: makes it stand out from the rest, and as we all know features are something that it doesn't lack.. ;)

i loved the n80 when it came out too. but i pulled back because there is no auto focus and sad batt life as all said. i'm now getting the n73me for sure in 2 weeks time just waiting for it to come inside the 20k bracket. waiting when it will fall now.

zhopudey said:
Yes, n80 certainly has one of the best keypads. :D But then, you can get used to the n73 keypad once you've used it for a few days. The n80 cons - like low battery, no autofocus, and a smaller screen - nothing can be done about those. :D

I'm about to try using a BL6C in the 6630 (default BL-5C)

Can't something like that be done in case of the N80 also? There must be something Nokia's doing to increase battery life after all the compliants...

I've also heard that the latest firmware increases battery life a bit...is there any truth to the rumor??? Zhops, others...comment here...

I'm also in the market for a nokia cell. Budget 25K, but can go up if i get to review the N95...:p

Now no-one please suggest SE or SS to me...I've tested em all from the jasjar to the 2600.....:bleh:

lastly I agree the keypad is something your fingers adjust to, which is why I gave my sister the N70. Now she also has a 7610, and feels the difference in key layout each time, even though she's fast on both the keypads. I guess you *can* get used to more than one keypad...

Dammit someone answer about the N95:mad:

the n73ME is a much better phone.. unless u absolutely need wifi dun go in for the n80. Yes!!!!! auto focus makes a hell of a diff.. better clarity and as mentioned above N73 has the carl geiss optics.. so the cam is much better.

@vandal.. the n95 is said to be releasin in the 2nd week of march.. thts in UK. Dunno abt when its releasing in India. Generally Nokia phones r released in asia first. I guess itll b out in march and rumours are tht itll b priced arnd 35k-38k.

Back