Storage Solutions Which is better of Seagate Go and GoFlex ??

Parv

Adept
As the title says, Which is better of Seagate Go and GoFlex ??

"Go" is really very thin at 12.4mm and comes with 5 years warranty, while "GoFlex" is 14.5mm thin (IIRC) with 3 years warranty and has optional/upgrade cables which can be used for USB 3.0, also the "Go" is around Rs.300 costlier than the "GoFlex".

I want to buy 500GB one, So which one should I get.

I need quick suggestions as I will be buying it tomorrow before afternoon.

Buy the Go. The speed is pretty good on the go too, for the flex you'll have to buy the additional cable. Not worth it right now. Plus 2 years warrany @300 bucks is worth it.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Buy the go, 2 years warranty @300 bucks is worth it, and adds to reslae value. Also the go is pretty fast too, for the flex you need to buy another upgrade cable which is not worth it right now.

karan_n8 said:
Buy the Go. The speed is pretty good on the go too, for the flex you'll have to buy the additional cable. Not worth it right now. Plus 2 years warrany @300 bucks is worth it.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Buy the go, 2 years warranty @300 bucks is worth it, and adds to reslae value. Also the go is pretty fast too, for the flex you need to buy another upgrade cable which is not worth it right now.
usb2 cable is included dude

still I recommend go

Yea it is but the USB 3 isnt, thats the basic difference. And buying that cable for 1500 on a 3k hard disk makes little sense right now. That too if you only need to to store soaps and movies.

karan_n8 said:
Yea it is but the USB 3 isnt, thats the basic difference. And buying that cable for 1500 on a 3k hard disk makes little sense right now. That too if you only need to to store soaps and movies.
ya that's true

The seller didn't ship the bill along with the hard disk, however I checked the status on Seagate website, it's till September 2015. The hard disk was sealed pack.

He called me today afternoon and asked me to confirm the item, when I asked about the bill, he said he lost it :S

Is it OK or should I insist on bill?

Parv said:
The seller didn't ship the bill along with the hard disk, however I checked the status on Seagate website, it's till September 2015. The hard disk was sealed pack.

He called me today afternoon and asked me to confirm the item, when I asked about the bill, he said he lost it :S

Is it OK or should I insist on bill?

well you dont really need a bill ...

Warranty will be given by checking HDD's serial no. So no issue.

Back