Which is the best Broadband provider in Pune?

cool_dude

Disciple
Hey guys, how r u all? I hv a question for you. I live in Pune and would like to names of good braodband internet providers. Please write your own experiences. I am thinking of going for 75kbps line by Reliance, any comment on this?

Abhi.

Hi,

I am subscribed to Sify at my residence.

Download Limit : 1 GB

Speed : 256kbps

Validity : 30 days prepaid

Cost : Rs 651.00 after taxes.

Technology : Ethernet

I am quite satisfied with the speed and service in general.

The speeds are good in the afternoon and early mornings. After 9.00 at night the speed drops to about 17 - 21KB/s.

But I am not satisfied with their customer service over telephone. It seems their center is at Chennai and every service request takes about a week to get resolved.

yeah if you have BSNL landline...then BSNL anyday... ;)

I have used Sify, Hathway....and now am using Airtel GPRS...beliv me..out of these three..Airtel GPRS is the best..!!

coz wid Sify 256...i use to get some 15kbps download....with Hathway 256...some 13kbps download..

and now with Airtel GPRS..i squeeze 10-15kbps in day time..and 20-25 at nite time....and no external hassles..like bills..and all...

Where in Pune are you? I am with Airtel using their 128k UL plan. Speeds always between 14 - 16 KB/s. Great customer service too.

Friends, thanks for the help ! U guys r awesome ! TE rocks ! :D
@seed - where can I get info about Exatt?
@imoen - I live in Bibwewadi area of Pune.
Thanks a lot again. I think I will go with aither Airtel GPRS as dipen01 suggested. :hap2:

Abhi.

Airtel gprs is not a broadband connection.

If you have Net4india in you area go for it.

128 - 512kbps Unlimited @ 770 pm.

At night download speeds cross 80 KBps.

spindoctor said:
airtel has a plan out now - 512 UL for 999 a month. available in aundh for sure, donno about other areas. should be though

Nope. No 512KB UL from Airtel. At least not in Aundh. Only 128/256 UL is available @ 699/999 respectively.

Yes, but the problem a lot of people in Pune have faced is that Tata Indicom comes, says they will connect you, takes your money then after 3-4 months comes back and says sorry, and returns your money.

This is if you are lucky.

Well, I applied for my connection last sunday, and they set me up by thursday. The speed seems to be excellent, with me going over 30KB/s on the 256UL plan most of the times which is a lot more than i get on my Airtel 256UL when I'm in Delhi, however there has been slight downtime, which they say is due to some "maintenance work" going on.

Update :

Two days ago the connection went down - local network problem.
As usual I telephoned their support desk and was given a docket no and I was promised that they would set it right in one hour. When they din't turn up even after a day I called them up and reminded them giving my docket no. They apologized for the delay and presto !! I find the sift guy at my door in 30 minutes flat. They replaced the switch port and it is fine now.

Back