Storage Solutions Which is the best external portable HDD ?

Now a days almost everyone of us have a portable hard disk. So please vote and suggest which company is the best based on performance, ruggedness, aftersales service & price:huh:. A good voter turnout ;)will be of immense help to a new buyer as he need not post the same topic again. There are already so many threads asking the same questions again & again.

Re: which is the best external portable hard disk?

go for whichever gives max warranty as prices are almost same across the brands

wouldn't recommend transcend as warranty is only 2years

Re: which is the best external portable hard disk?

Yeah warranty is important and here are the figures correct me if i am wrong
Seagate Freeagent GO 5yrs
Western Digital Passport 3yrs
Transcend storejet 2yrs
Buffalo 3yrs
Verbatim 3yrs
As for prices transcend is the cheapest followed by buffalo & verbatim then WD & Seagate.
Can somebody throw some light on which of these provide the fastest & hassle free RMA
sharmapu said:
go for whichever gives max warranty as prices are almost same across the brands
wouldn't recommend transcend as warranty is only 2years

I just purchased seagate Freeagent 2.5 500Gb with 5 year warranty. I havent used it so much but data transfer rate is very good

Results so far............
WD & Seagate are head to head so anyone looking for a new portable hdd should be buying either of these. They cost almost same. I think this poll will serve the purpose of clearing all the dilemma of which ext port hdd to go for? Anywayz keep pourin in ur votes and opinions

Guys getting one on friday...which one do u recommend??

How about verbatim ones by mediahome...offering best vfm right now...getting it for 3825 from ebay...

I have a transcend 320Gb,works like a charm.
and now I recently bought a seagate Freeagent Go 500GB.
I read in a tech magazine, that transcend was given the vfm award due to its shock absorbent body. Data transfer rates are similar for transcend, Seagate and WD.
But, in my opinion, seagate gets my vote purely because of the 5 year warranty

Nothing can beat Seagate with its 5 yr warranty.

Bought a Seagate FreeAgent Go 500GB for Rs. 4175 (eBay) (Saw this poll after purchase)

Rather than voting for the best HDD, people are just voting for the brand they own/sell.

Back