Audio Which Is The Best Headphone (Rs. 1k to Rs. 3k) From Amongst ....

kidrow

Adept
1. Meelectronics HT-21 (Rs. 1k)
2. Soundmagic P30 (Rs. 1.5k)
3. AKG K430 (Rs. 1.5k)
4. Superlux HD 662 or 681 (Rs. 2.5k)
5. Beyerdynamic DTX 350 p or DTX 710 (Rs. 3.3k)

Hey everyone,

I'd like to try out headphones for the very first time, without breaking the bank. Previously, I've only owned a few iems viz, the Meelec M9, the Soundmagic ES18 & the Xiaomi Pistons.

Having gone through Joker's reviews on the headphonelist & others on head-fi, I've zeroed in on the above mentioned models as they seem to be generally recommended within the budget that I've set.

Initially, I'd set myself up for a budget of 1.5k, but upped it once I came across the Superlux' for a reasonable 2.5k. They are both circumaural, unlike the others (save the Beyer DTX 710), which I believe might turn out to be more comfortable.

Once my budget was up to 2.5k, the Beyer options opened up as well, :).

So, which is the most bang for buck in your opinion?

Reviews I've come across seem to gauge the performance of the P30 in the context of a price tag of $70. Same goes for the AKG K430. Does that immediately make them winners, given that the current price is ~$25? Does the praise showered on the Superlux' justify spending that 1k extra? Are the Beyers worth the premium? Are they just rebadged Soundmagics?

Thanks a ton.

SoundMAGIC P30

These are simply the best headphones I have ever had the pleasure of placing upon my head.

• They look the part with a leather headband and a textured back to the cans.
  • Noise isolation is superb ,(a door knock is just about audible when not playing music)
  • The sound itself is FANTASTIC I have had many people tell me that they sound better than Dr. Dre Beats . They are weighted properly! Not overly bassey yet avoiding the tinny-ness that plagues so many poor quality headphones. I am heavily into Dubstep and I have no quarrels with the headphones for that , I have also tried some rock, classical and a tiny bit of pop and it sound crisp and clear on them all!
  • The headphones are also comfortable over long periods of time. When I set it to the correct size for my head I have worn them for up to six hours with no discomfort.
  • They seem to be well built and they feel like they will hold together for a long time despite their somewhat 'elegant' headband.

You can buy it from Snapdeal, at low price

Thank you for your thoughts. That's a glowing recommendation indeed.

Quick question - Do they leak sound outside? If yes, how much? I'm assuming that since the noise isolation is good, the leakage may not be much either. But just wanted a confirmation.

Thanks!

Hey how is the build quality and durability of SoundMAGIC P30? I've had couple of other SM products in the past, but, mostly all of them died due them being sort of fragile.

^ They are good value for money but fragile. I would not recommend them to anyone who is a bit rough with his personal belongings.

Back