CPU/Mobo Which is the best LGA775 processor ?

@suhas_sm , go for the one that meets yours requirements and of-course your budget.

BTW, what will be the primary use of your system >

To convert my current system into Hackintosh and get an upgrade. The PC is, anyways, unused now because of the laptops and tablets at home. I believe my current CPU, E6600, is not compatible to build a Hackintosh or I might just try to overclock it for fun and burn it :p I really want to learn over clocking :p

what is cost of Core 2 Extreme QX9770?

suhas_sm said:
what is cost of Core 2 Extreme QX9770?

It used to be around the 1000USD mark. I was joking when I mentioned the processor before since you mentioned 'the best'. :p

Like he said, the Q9550 should be a decent upgrade over the E6600. You can get yourself a good heatsink and overclock the processor to squeeze the most out of it.

suhas_sm said:
is that easily available in market ? for how much ?

They are not available in the market anymore. Even, if they are, would not be VFM for a new one. Keep a watch here or start a WTB. I too had picked my Q9550 from here. E0 stepping are better for OC.

asingh said:
They are not available in the market anymore. Even, if they are, would not be VFM for a new one. Keep a watch here or start a WTB. I too had picked my Q9550 from here. E0 stepping are better for OC.

I have one Q9550 2.83Ghz want to sell too with Asus P5Q pro board if any one interested PM me.

vaibhav1 said:
I have one Q9550 2.83Ghz want to sell too with Asus P5Q pro board if any one interested PM me.

There you go...! Contact Vaibhav and you might get a nice deal. What is the stepping for this core..?

:)

ronit said:
BTW why are you so much only after a 775?

MY motherboard won't support other CPUs, I guess. It costed me a bomb then. I believe, I have a decent machine for not-so-used machine lying at one corner so don't want to go for a major upgrade.

asingh said:
There you go...! Contact Vaibhav and you might get a nice deal. What is the stepping for this core..?

:)

well i have upgraded my pc to i5 2500K, need more upgrades even i am not prepared at what price i should sell my old proccy and mobo for..:( and there is a 2x2GB transcend DDr2 also if interested.

proccy and mobo i think they are still in warranty they are about 2.5 years old bought in june 2009, i don't have the bill but i think i can arrange it from the dealer i bought those items from.

Oh my God, I thought the prices might have come down because it is outdated technology now :O

I might just buy a new CPU Cooler and overclock this(E600) while I decide whether to buy a new CPU or not.

Back