PC Peripherals which keyboard to get ?

YashBhatt

Insanely Idiotic
Adept
Hi guys,

I have been using the microsoft PS2 keyboard for about 6yrs now,yea...i haven't changed my keyboard since the last 7yrs and now it has even away....

So i'm in search for a new gaming keyboard

I'm thinking of going after Razer Lycosa

I will be playing games during night as well so need backlighting is necessary

How is Razer Arctosa ??

Any other keyboard you can recommend guys ??

My buget is strictly 3.5K

Thanks

See Razer products are often frowned upon for having build quality issues, and lycosa is one of the products by virtue of which Razer has earned a bad name for itself, let other members reply

Also in similar price bracket there is the Logitech G110 with backlighting, also if you add Rs 400 more you can get the Blackkwidow but no backlighting

Other options are the Microsoft Sidewinder X6, some from TTeSports(but would not reccomend them)

I'm thinking of going after Razer Lycosa

Expensive and Razer products have build quality issues. I have a Lycosa nad very often the buttons stop responding OR don't register is very annoying. But, *touchwood* nothing has ever held up for too long.

I will be playing games during night as well so need backlighting is necessary

How is Razer Arctosa ??

No back-light and very poor colour of keys [black-on-black], not at all a good buy.

Any other keyboard you can recommend guys ?

I would recommend you you the --

Logitech G105 ~2200/- http://www.logitech....rd/devices/8562 OR

Tt eSPORTS Challenger ~2000/- http://www.flipkart.com/tt-esports-challenger-gaming-keyboard/p/itmd24qzgmgzkdhg?pid=ACCD24QMGQDHFZ97&_l=ro6W3R3X8grvVxF6dsztKA--&_r=8EiuYzOQm7s0od7f+yzs2A--&ref=7d3a7ffc-c2da-4385-8b95-ba027f818622

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Get a logitech backlit KB friend got lycosa backlit .... it looks great but he doesnt like its feel. Logitech stuff are built like tanks.

dont buy anything except logitech.. best performance, no build quality issues.. the keyboard looks really wicked as well.. and trust me.. i have been using logitech keyboards for about 12 yrs. now.. you will have to run it over with your bike or car to make it stop working..

look at the Logitech G105.. it will even be in your budget.. pretty good keyboard.. macro-recording and programmable gaming G keys.

the G110 is also a good keyboard.. but first, its out of your budget.. and second, the price is due to the additional usb audio feature and stuff which i dont think you're gonna need at all.. the best option value for money, requirement and performance wise will the G105..

http://www.logitech.com/en-in/keyboards/keyboards

dont buy anything except logitech.. best performance, no build quality issues.. the keyboard looks really wicked as well.. and trust me.. i have been using logitech keyboards for about 12 yrs. now.. you will have to run it over with your bike or car to make it stop working..

look at the Logitech G105.. it will even be in your budget.. pretty good keyboard.. macro-recording and programmable gaming G keys.

the G110 is also a good keyboard.. but first, its out of your budget.. and second, the price is due to the additional usb audio feature and stuff which i dont think you're gonna need at all.. the best option value for money, requirement and performance wise will the G105..

http://www.logitech....oards/keyboards

Sorry didn't knew G110s price had increased so much since last time I checked(they were at 3500)

As puneet said logitech is your best option, the G105 looks like a very good option

#Alpha17: You have suggested the TTEsports, though it is in budget range, please avoid ttesports, while deciding for my keyboard I also like the ttesport, but going through many reviews and forum I got to know that the products are nothing more than show off, and the build quality is poor

You have suggested the TTEsports, though it is in budget range, please avoid ttesports, while deciding for my keyboard I also like the ttesport, but going through many reviews and forum I got to know that the products are nothing more than show off, and the build quality is poor

Thanks for letting me know Sire, I did not have any idea about Tte Sports, but they fell in OP's budget and were listed on flipkart.com so just suggested him that.

Apart from that I believe that, most gaming budget stuff is stripped down [and often downright crap] high end components that have been trimmed of a lot of useful additions, thereby making them next to useless for most decent E-sport enthusiasts, an example would be --

Razer Arctosa ~2000/- [same price point as Logitech G105] you do not have backlit keys, no custom macros [though all keys are programmable to Macro], a rather irritating custom software. Also if you do not buy the Mirror edition, you get a badly conceived colour combo [black keys on black keyboard -- go figure], so until you are not a touch typist forget typing at a decent clip.

Hope this clarifies, Cheers!!

Where can i get the Logitech G105 from ??

It looks nice...
<

Where can i get the Logitech G105 from ??

It looks nice...
<

You can check in the local PC market, where do you stay?

OR

contact Logitech and find out where you can get this product and they will direct appropriate distributor / reseller to contact you and you can make the purchase from same --> http://www.logitech....rd/devices/8562.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

P.S. -- do not try to search on flipkart, it has not been listed there.

I have enquired about it today, would get the reply in an hr and even the guy handling sales in rashi is out somewhere... So will call him back in 15mins

Update: Called that guy and he said its not yet in distribution, would update about its expected stock in 1hr..

I have enquired about it today, would get the reply in an hr and even the guy handling sales in rashi is out somewhere... So will call him back in 15mins

Update: Called that guy and he said its not yet in distribution, would update about its expected stock in 1hr..

ohhk,thnx
<

whoevers buying the G105, do a very strong negotiation for the price for 2 pcs. if i get a good price, even i might wanna purchase one and logitech stuff is not available in my city. so, if i do wanna buy, and whoever will be willing to buy for me, will have to go through a little trouble of packing the box and shipping it.

or, does anyone know if primeabgb here on TE, stocks these keyboards.. i liked his service. bought corsair flash drives which were shipped quite fast through FedEx, priority air mail.

Primeabgb gets it from rashi itself and both rashi and prime dont have it in stock. I have asked them to notify me whenever it gets in stock, so I will be buying one and would let know too...
whoevers buying the G105, do a very strong negotiation for the price for 2 pcs. if i get a good price, even i might wanna purchase one and logitech stuff is not available in my city. so, if i do wanna buy, and whoever will be willing to buy for me, will have to go through a little trouble of packing the box and shipping it.

or, does anyone know if primeabgb here on TE, stocks these keyboards.. i liked his service. bought corsair flash drives which were shipped quite fast through FedEx, priority air mail.

Now check this. Price gone up in two days
<

http://www.logitech.com/en-in/keyboards/keyboard/devices/8562

heheh... everyone should have bought quickly instead of discussing a lot over here..
<

It wasn't available at any retailer, if you read some of the later posts. Not even in Bombay, so you know nobody could buy it before this amazing price leap developed, including you if I can add.

I'm also looking for such a keyboard. Damn the price rise sucks.
<

I tried searching ebay for the G105 and it's listed at 7k.
<

#YashBhatt Are you going ahead with the purchase at the new price? There doesn't seem to be any other good option at this stage.

Back