Which laptop at <50K - for gaming, graphics rendering, etc.?

CA50

Skilled
One of my friend wants to buy a laptop mainly for gaming and also for heavy task like graphics rendering etc.
Max budget is 50k. Please suggest some laptops
other must features : i5 and a good GPU either from Nvidia or ATI

TIA

[mod] Please use thread titles that are as descriptive as possible. It will get you better response from other members.[/mod]

logistopath said:
[mod] Please use thread titles that are as descriptive as possible. It will get you better response from other members.[/mod]
sorry mod, and thanks for renaming it :)

Laptops suck at rendering. Trust me I've tried.

Hed be better off getting a netbook for 15k and an X6 + HD6950 system for 35k for gaming and rendering.

Sandy-bridge models are rare under 50k.

If you want to settle for non sandy-bridge ones (not recommended), then go for Lenovo Y560.

For Sandy-bridge, the Sony VAIO VPCCB15FG is a great laptop for 52-53k. It comes with HD6630M which is somewhere between HD5650M & GT-540M, hence most newer games would run on high settings.

If you can shell out about 60k, then Dell XPS15 is the way to go.

^^thanks mate, what will be the performance difference between the sandy bridge model and the regular ones?

There is a significant performance improvement in sandy-bridge laptops over the older gen. Also it consumes much less power & hence enhances the battery life.

Thanks guys for your support, one another query, which one of this is better
Nvidia 310M or Ati Radeon 550v

I think gaming should not be a priority when you're buying a laptop under 50k, sure you can game on such a laptop but it should not be the deciding factor.

pauldmps said:
^^ Oh dear! Why didn't you confirm it first here ? Inspiron 15R is also available with HD5650 at about same price. :(
Now he can send his friend a postcard, it would read EPIC FAIL :p

pauldmps said:
^^ Oh dear! Why didn't you confirm it first here ? Inspiron 15R is also available with HD5650 at about same price. :(
Hmm..my friend said that he tried to customize this lappy at dell site, but they gave him 550v
BTW he is too paranoid to buy things online so he got that lappy locally :(

Back