Laptops Which laptop Brand in UK?

setuniket

Disciple
My friend who has recently shifted to UK for his further studies requires a new laptop as he is pursuing his MBA. He has a very strict budget of 400 GBP.

Will he be able to buy C2D for such budget? and Essential question Which Brand to buy, no worries of International warranty as he will be there for 3 years.

-Setu

This looks like a good deal :

* AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core Processor QL62

* (1.9 GHz, 1600Mhz, 1 MB Cache)

* Genuine Windows Vista (R) Home Premium

* 3 GB Memory

* 250 GB Hard Drive

HP G60-214EM Laptops - Cheap HP Laptops. Buy the HP G60-214EM laptop at PC World.

or this

FO - Samsung Q45 Laptop - A1 A1-NP-Q45A00D-SUK - Laptops Direct

# Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo T5550 / 1.83 GHz ( Dual-Core )

# RAM - 3 GB (installed) / 4 GB (max) - DDR2 SDRAM - 667 MHz - PC2-5300 ( 1 x 1 GB + 1 x 2 GB )

# Hard Drive - 320 GB - Serial ATA-150

# Operating System - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium

# Screen - 12.1' TFT 1280 x 800 ( WXGA )

# Optical Drive - DVD±RW (+R double layer) / DVD-RAM with LightScribe Technology

# Graphics - Intel GMA X3100

Thanks a lot manu, btw is samsung a good brand in laptops. He is a noob(like me) in computers and would like to buy a hassle free product.

^^probably not, though maybe others can shed some light on this

if it were me, i would stick to hp/dell/fujistu/toshiba or any company of the sort

dude ask him to check out the dixon's brand.ask him to go to either dixons or currys or pc world and check out the laptops from dixons own stable.They are not beauties but awsome specs for cheap price.Also when buying ask him to get the cover plan will cost him extra but 1 year theft and 3 years parts and labour are free.Also tell him to buy the cover plan in installments.
If he is buying dixons own brand then better for him to have a cover plan.The specs are awesome but the brands are not that well known.One of the brands is advent.

hope that helps.

cheers

Most laptops are manufactured at similar plants so build quality is almost the same , plus samsung is a leading producer of hard drives and memory modules

Also 12" laptops are great , 15" seem too bulky to carry around

Thanks pappu, manu and jhonie...will convey him the message..

btw hows acer as a brand, I find Aspire 5920 for 471 GBP and very tempting config..

Back