Which laptop for around 30k?

zhopudey

Skilled
Yet another laptop query thread. I am looking for i5, 4gb, a 7200rpm hdd in a 14incher. Intel graphics will do. Need to remove win 7 to bring down costs.

Acer 5740 with Core i-5 430M, 3GB RAM, 320GB HDD(5400RPM i guess, not sure), Linux ~ 33k
Same with 4GB RAM and 500GB HDD ~ 36k
http://www.deltapage.com/laptop.pdf

But IMO the i-330 itself is a good proccy and much better than the T-6600 C2D. You dont need a i-5 unless u do heavy processing work. Plz do mention the purpose too as members can suggest accordingly.

I'll be using photoshop, DxO, noise ninja a lot. Plus some occasional 3D rendering, some video editing, some transcoding etc. Hence would like to have the extra horsepower of the i5.

The acer does seem to be my only choice, I guess.

^Performance wise yes but be warned of Acer's plasticky build. Wouldn't be as durable as a Dell laptop.

Dell Inspiron 15 with Core i3 is a good option for 32k. Otherwise incresae your budget if you want to buy i5. And I would advise you to stay away from Acer.

saqib_khan said:
Dell Inspiron 15 with Core i3 is a good option for 32k. Otherwise incresae your budget if you want to buy i5. And I would advise you to stay away from Acer.

Inspiron 15 or 14?

Can people who have used acer laptops comment about their build quality? I know they're not as good as dell, but are they really bad?

I think stormblast is the best person to answer this since he has used laptops from both Dell and Acer IINM. Give him a shout. :)

I'm using Acre 5738G, my friend has dell studio. IMHO Acer is no so bad as people says.

zhopudey said:
Can people who have used acer laptops comment about their build quality? I know they're not as good as dell, but are they really bad?

zhopudey said:
I totally disagree with people who commented about the ACER laptops being/having low build quality.
My uncle is using an ACER laptop for 4 years now and myself using an ACER aspire one 751h netbook for 1 year...........no problems at all with build quality have shown their colours till now:D

anyhow no lappy will survive if u drop it from a meter:p

Back