Laptops Which laptop to buy? 30K, Mumbai

Hi, posting this query on behalf of my younger brother
we are total noobs when it comes to laptops, just surfed TE for couple of days.

What's your Budget?
25k to 30K

What will be your primary usage for the notebook be?
Programming ( .net, VB, SQL), demo to clients, web surfing, office apps, Casual Gaming (cs, NFS)

What size and weight considerations do you have?
Max 15.6", 14" preferred for better battery life

Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest?
No such reservations, but DELL tends to cost a lot more for similar config than acer, MSI etc.

Any other considerations?
Should NOT come with Windows preinstalled, he'll buy it later
Dedicated GFX card,
CPU : Intel C2D or AMD turion II M500+
2-3 hrs battery support
2+ years warranty
Matte screen would be preferable
two headphone outs.

Currently we have narrowed down to ACER ASPIRE 5542G
Help by Supra and
Acer Aspire 5542 / 5542G detailed review - Provides Comprehensive Reviews, Analysis and Benchmark page-1
Though it comes with only 1 yr warranty, we liked the config and the ATI 4570 GFX card

But is it available in market?

i wud suggest the dell vostro series , coz they can be customized not to get windows preloaded and also have the matte screen ( anti- reflective)

all other brands / models come with the normal display which as glare

I would suggest you Asus PRO8BIJ VX300D Laptop as it is good built and costs just around Rs. 28,000.

Configuration: Core 2 Duo, 14" HD Glare, 2GB DDR3, 320GB, Optical Drive: DVDRW 8X SM DL, Video RAM: INTEL GMA 4500M, LAN: WLAN 802.11 B/G/N, Webcam: 1.3 Mega Pixel, Bluetooth, 6 Cell, DOS, 1 Year Global Warranty

Acer are very ruggedly build for the price they command. I still have my TM800. which has been dropped umpteenth times.

Only bad laptops they made are based on AMD+ATI based ones. This combination has the habit of dying prematurely and the mobo is not available with Acer.

Back