Which Latop to go for for Sub Rs 57000 Budget ?

prakhar

Disciple
Q1 .What's your Budget?

Ans :My budget is Rs 57000

Q2. What will be your primary usage for the notebook be?

Ans. Web Surfing, Office Apps, Medium gaming, Not hardcore. Heavy Download, Laptop running atleast 12-14 hours a day. Photo Editing , Video Compression

Q3. What size and weight considerations do you have?

Ans .15 Inches Screen

Q4. Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest?

Ans. Preferred brands- HP and DELL. No other brand suggestions wanted.

Q5. Any other considerations?

Ans. Great Battery life, USB 3.0 Ports, HDMI Port. Atleast 4 GB RAM, Atleast HDD 500 Gb @7200 rpm, Reliable and strong Customer Support and Service in NCR region.

Hey guys please me tell which of the following options is better for a laptop in budget of Rs 57000. Will make the purchase from Delhi. Please tell me the shops from where i can buy the same.

Also if there are other better alternatives, please suggest them also. Have to make the purchase within next 10 days.

The options I have chosen.

1. DELL XPS 15 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2410M processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz + 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (1 x 4GB) + 500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive + 1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M graphics with Optimus +Tray Load Fixed Blu-ray BD-ROM / DVD + /-RW Combo Drive + 15.6" (39.6cm) HD (1366x768) WLED display with TrueLife™ + JBL 2.1 Speakers + Waves MaxxAudio® enhancement 20W peak audio performance: 2 X 4W + 12W sub-woofer World's first camera with Hi-Definition Video Streaming with Skype (2.0MP, H.264 Camera). DELL India Online Price Rs.53,800

2. DELL XPS 15 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM processor 2.00 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz + 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (1 x 4GB) + 750GB 7200RPM Hard Drive + 1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M graphics with Optimus + Tray Load 8X DVD+/-RW Drive with DVD+R double layer write capability + 15.6" (39.6cm) HD (1366x768) WLED display with TrueLife™ + JBL 2.1 Speakers + Waves MaxxAudio® enhancement 20W peak audio performance: 2 X 4W + 12W sub-woofer World's first camera with Hi-Definition Video Streaming with Skype (2.0MP, H.264 Camera) DELL India Online Price Rs.56,300

3. HP Pavilion dv6-6017tx Entertainment Notebook PC (LQ460PA) - Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM 2.0 GHz + 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (1 x 4 GB) + 500 GB SATA (5400 rpm) +LightScribe SuperMulti DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support + AMD Radeon HD 6770M (1 GB DDR5) + 15.6" High-Definition LED HP BrightView Display (1366 x 768) + Beats sound system

Price- Rs 52000

4. HP Pavilion dv6-6121tx Entertainment Notebook PC (QB367PA) Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM 2 GHz + 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (1 x 4 GB) + 640 GB SATA (5400 rpm) + SuperMulti DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support + AMD Radeon HD 6770M (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated) + Beats sound system

Price -Rs 54250

Hoping for suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Do you have any idea how much heat those HP dv6 craps do generate,even with moderate load?
What exactly is video compression?Is it editing or transcoding?
For medium gaming xps is far better option than dv6(though it looks better on paper),you get a much better screen(opt for the FHD option and compromise on the i7 for i5),brilliant speakers for a laptop(the Beats audio thing is bullcr*p)and far better ASS.

red dragon said:
Do you have any idea how much heat those HP dv6 craps do generate,even with moderate load?
For medium gaming xps is far better option than dv6(though it looks better on paper),you get a much better screen(opt for the FHD option and compromise on the i7 for i5),brilliant speakers for a laptop(the Beats audio thing is bullcr*p)and far better ASS.

[Offtopic]
1. I have used two of them and I cant say they generate too much of heat. Dont comment something out of blue if dont know
2. xps is far better option for gaming? How? Gt540 is ~ 40% slower than HD6770. Check benchmarks. And in fullHD res, GT540 will give slideshow like frame rates, forget gaming.
[/Offtopic]

@op:
For your usage Dell XPS 15 is better option.

Here, Video Compression means for me- Changing from one format to another.

I know Radeon 6770 M is a better GPU then 525 M. 25 % higher output is a lot.

But Dell XPS is costlier than HP DV6.

Please tell me overall, based on the performance, price, after sales service, warranty options.

I won't say that HP will give you heating problems but it will run hotter than its XPS 15 counterpart. Cooling system of xps is definitely better than HP

pros of HP

Lower price

Much more powerful GPU

pros of xps

Overall better build quality

Complete cover of 1 year. Dell's ASS is superb

You can get FHD , backlit keyboard, 9 cell battery, Sound blaster

Better speakers

There is option of extended warranty as well

If you get dell don't forget to get student discount of 5%(You can get that even if you are not a student...just scan college ID of some student)

I would recommend you to get XPS 15 as it will definitely last longer

lappy.chai said:
[Offtopic]

1. I have used two of them and I cant say they generate too much of heat. Dont comment something out of blue if dont know

2. xps is far better option for gaming? How? Gt540 is ~ 40% slower than HD6770. Check benchmarks. And in fullHD res, GT540 will give slideshow like frame rates, forget gaming.

[/Offtopic]

I said far better option for Medium/casual gaming.

lappy.chai said:
[Offtopic]
[/Offtopic]
I said far better option for Medium/casual gaming.

Back