Monitors Which lcd monitor to buy from these three ?

anirudh

Adept
Hi guys,

I am planning to buy a lcd monitor and need help. I have chosen 3 lcd monitors after some research and they are:-

ASUS VW192T
Dell WFP2007 Ultrasharp
Viewsonic vg1930wm

which resolution is better
1440 x 900
1680 x 1050

which 1 to buy ?

The 19 inchers are TN. The 20" is an S-IPS. So its pretty obvious that the Dell is the best of the lot hands down. About resolution, higher the better :p

as chaos said get the Dell WFP2007. Hope you know the price of the LCDs you mentioned in your post.

Ya I know

ASUS VW192T 14k
Dell WFP2007 Ultrasharp 25k
Viewsonic vg1930wm 14k

Dell WFP2007 for 25k is it not too much ?

Wats the visual diff between ASUS VW192T or Viewsonic vg1930wm n Dell WFP2007 when you play games ? is it major or minor

anirudh said:
Ya I know

ASUS VW192T 14k

Dell WFP2007 Ultrasharp 25k

Viewsonic vg1930wm 14k

Dell WFP2007 for 25k is it not too much ?

Wats the visual diff between ASUS VW192T or Viewsonic vg1930wm n Dell WFP2007 when you play games ? is it major or minor

It depends on the specs, ASUS Monitor has 800:1 CR and a 5ms Response time, ViewSonic Monitor has 700:1 CR and 5ms Response Time and The Dell Monitor has 800:1 CR and 16ms Response Time, It's also the only 20" WS In the bunch. 16ms Response Time is far too high for gaming, the overall best product is ASUS VW19WT. But even the VW19WT has a crib, it has a unusually high Dot Pitch of 0.285 meaning the picture won't be nearly as sharp and will look blurred. The ViewSonic one is good too, although the shabby build quality can be avoided. personally, i recommend you avoid all three of these monitors, and get Dell SE198WFP 19" WS LCD. It has an amazing 1000:1 Contrast Ratio and a 5ms Response time alongside HDCP! Best of all, it has a tasty price tag of Rs.14,000 (Excluding Taxes) Below are Product page links for reference.

ASUS VW192T 19" WS

Dell UltraSharp 2007WFP 20" WS

ViewSonic VG1930wm 19" WS

Hope this helped:)

evox said:
It depends on the specs, ASUS Monitor has 800:1 CR and a 5ms Response time, ViewSonic Monitor has 700:1 CR and 5ms Response Time and The Dell Monitor has 800:1 CR and 16ms Response Time, It's also the only 20" WS In the bunch. 16ms Response Time is far too high for gaming, the overall best product is ASUS VW19WT. But even the VW19WT has a crib, it has a unusually high Dot Pitch of 0.285 meaning the picture won't be nearly as sharp and will look blurred. The ViewSonic one is good too, although the shabby build quality can be avoided. personally, i recommend you avoid all three of these monitors, and get Dell SE198WFP 19" WS LCD. It has an amazing 1000:1 Contrast Ratio and a 5ms Response time alongside HDCP! Best of all, it has a tasty price tag of Rs.14,000 (Excluding Taxes) Below are Product page links for reference.

ASUS VW192T 19" WS

Heh.. you really haven't gamed on the 2007WFP, have you? I have, and it really doesn't show any ghosting, despite that 16ms quoted response time. It's the best of this group, hands-down..

yes, 2007WFP for color quality, but for home usage and gaming E228 22" is available at a fantastic price...

Btw if you do go for Dell bargain like ur life depended on it...

evox said:

ASUS VW192T 19" WS

Looks like you fell for the specs.... 16ms is w-b-w(white black white) timing whereas the asus and viewsonic mention the g2g (grey to grey) response times. The w-b-w times of the asus and viewsonic will be a lot lot higher. Also in color reproduction/sharpness its a no contest... the Dell is leagues ahead cos its an S-IPS not TN :p.

2007WFP does not even belong with those other two displays. Its way superior to be compared with them. If you have the cash, this is the best display you can get in the 19/20/22 category.

Yeah if you have the budget then Dell 2007 eyes closed .... BTW why hav'nt you considered Samsung 940BW it beats the Viewsonic 1930WM and the ASUS too.

anirudh said:
Dell 2007WFP is way out of my budget

Is there any other monitors which can come close to Dell 2007WFP ?

if you knew the prices & knew Dell 2007WFP was way out of your budget why did you add it in the 3 choices & asked us "Which lcd monitor to buy from these three?" ? :mad:

don't waste yours & ours time please :no:

just stick with your CRT Monitor if you cannot buy a Dell 2007WFP :bleh:

I have heard that there are different revisions of Dell 2007wfp like A02,A04. Is it true ? In India are we getting the same revision ?

The Dell 2007 shipping is the A03 revision if i'm not mistaken. You should generally get the later versions, and anyway if you're not happy just send it back and ask them for a better version.

The SE198WFP looks good in specs, however not too sure how it does in actual tests. Anyway I'm waiting for reviews on this monitor too :)

LCD's vs CRT's is a never ending debate. CRT's have better color reproduction, better black levels (atleast vs the TN LCD panels) and good resolution scaling in their favour, while the LCD's have sharpness, less eye strain from flicker etc as advantages.

In general, its more advisable to buy an LCD now if you've got the budget.

Back