Monitors Which lcd monitor to buy from these three ?

Crazy_Eddy said:
The Dell 2007 shipping is the A03 revision if i'm not mistaken. You should generally get the later versions, and anyway if you're not happy just send it back and ask them for a better version.

The SE198WFP looks good in specs, however not too sure how it does in actual tests. Anyway I'm waiting for reviews on this monitor too :)

I think current revision is A04. Chief-Techie got one. Wait for him to confirm things. And I expect the review of the SE198WFP to be posted by a TE member in a week.

Raghu.

Crazy_Eddy said:
CRT's have better color reproduction, better black levels (atleast vs the TN LCD panels)

Not just TN. Even MVA/PVA and S-IPS can't compare to CRT on black levels and contrast. For color reproduction, however, LCDs have caught up :D

No. They both have a rez of 1680x1050. When you play a 1080p file in fullscreen, it'll be resized to fit.
For 1080p, you need a 24" LCD, which has a rez of 1920x1200

To my experience LCD's are not really so supportive compare to CRT. Lot overhead to GC when go for higher reso. LCD will have backlight leakage. except you get one of these "Eizo 210, 220 and NEC2180WG"

Gaming gadgets are just next to heaven !!

Back